Do you believe the main purpose of art is for the artist to create it (yes) or for the viewer to appreciate it (no)?

• For the artist

The main purpose of art is for the artist to create it, .Art is not a job, although one by product is profit.
    We must not forget that the main reason for an artist's creation is expression. Artists expresses themselves through their work and not a particular kind of audience.

• Yes, for the artist to create it.

Art is a passion in many different forms. We express ourselves as human beings making us happy to create amazing things. Music, painting, programming, and many types of art bring the feelings of a person out so they can truly express who they are. It's much more important for the artist to create it.

• I believe the main purpose of art is for the artist to create it.

I believe the main purpose of art is for the artist to create.First and foremost art is an expression of the artist.It may represent common everyday reality or go much deeper into emotional areas.It is really irrelevant if that particular art inspires an audience as long as the artist gets to express themselves.

• Yes, the real purpose of art is for the artist to create it.

The real purpose of art is for the artist to create it. I think that art is always going to be subjective. And while some people may appreciate some art, others may find it to be garbage. I think that at the end of the day, if the artist liked creating it, that's all that matters.

• Art is about expression.

An artist's goal is to express his emotions to an audience. The artist all ready knows what he feels, or the message he wants to convey. Art is about expressing that emotion, or delivering that message to others, through any given medium. An artist can create forever but without a veiwer to eventually appreciate the art is pointless.