Do you believe the National Science Foundation should be funded by the United States?

• Yes, I believe the National Science Foundation should be funded by the United States.

I think that science should be a key area of investment for the United States so I believe that any organization that can demonstrate that they can research vital and crucial areas should receiving funding from the Government, there should be strict controls on how the money is spent so we know it's going purely to research.

• Civilization and Progress

There is an important correlation between science advancement and a successful nation. Those who research and explore the sciences have always gone on to find new ways to make themselves powerful in the world. Also the quality of life is not only greatly increased for the top of the population, but it also benefits neighboring nations as well.

• The National Science Foundation should be funded by the United States.

The National Science Foundation should be funded by the United States. The National Science Foundation (NSF)is an independent federal agency created by Congress in 1950 "to promote the progress of science; to advance the national health,prosperity, and welfare; to secure the national defense…" With an annual budget of $7.2 billion (FY 2014), they are the
    funding source for approximately 21 percent of all federally supported basic research conducted by America's colleges and universities.

• Private business is best

Te national science foundation should not be funded by the American government. It should be funded by private business that have an interest in scientific findings. The government does not have the money to fund such a project and the tax payers can not afford to pay more to keep it going.

• No,It seems to be ok,

It has a & billion dollar budget I think it seems to be ok. I don;t see how the government could change anything other than they already have. It appears to be doing just fine on its own. I think independently funded programs that do well can set a standard for others.