Do you believe the Occupy Wall Street movement was effective?

• Still talking about the income gap

No matter what people think of the Occupy Wall Street movement, they did bring economic fairness to the forefront. It has taken a long time, but some states have raised the minimum wage, and more states plan to do so in the near future. Certain companies have also raised their starting pay for entry level employees. Many people have started to boycott companies like Walmart, and pay more attention to the companies they do shop at. The Occupy movement started out loud, then slowly faded into more of an underground role. They are now quiet but effective, where the Tea Party people are just loud and get nothing done that is positive for the country as a whole.

• Yes, I think it was

I think it proved that are fed up with the standard now. It proved its point,but was it overall successful. It wasn't as liberating as the 60's but things have changed and so has the methods. I don't see it stopping anytime soon though. It's only going to get worse.

• Occupy Wall Street movement was effective.

Occupy Wall Street movement was effective. The movement suggested that success could come in the form of a change in what groups politicians look to for influence. Some have suggested you wouldn't need a re-established government or new policies as a whole to be a success. I believe that Occupy Wall Street was a success.

• No It Wasn't

I do not believe the Occupy Wall Street movement was effective. This series of protests was unfairly shut down by the government and wasn't allowed to move forward as it should have been. As Americans it has become obvious that we have lost our right to peaceful protest. The Occupy movement was a failure because the people involved didn't stand up and fight for their rights when they were denied.

• Occupy Movement Failed

The Occupy movement failed because it was a loose coalition of several entities and there was no central thesis from which the organization could rally around. Occupy Wall Street was a good headline grabber, but that's all. Eventually, the movement ran out of steam. Just like the Christian Coalition of the 1990s that is now irrelevant, the Occupy Wall Street movement is hardly a concern now.