Do you believe 'The Rape of Nanking' is correct in asserting the deaths in China were just as bad as those of the Holocaust in Europe?

• They Are Similar

Historians and scholar are not certain of the number killed during the Nanking Massacre but the events surrounding this case of ethnic cleansing are comparable to that of the Holocaust in Europe. Just because an even does not receive as much political press as the Holocaust does not indicate that they can't be on part with it.

• Yes, it's a correct assertion.

Anyone who knows about "The Rape of Nanking" and the atrocities that took place realize that it is as bad as the Holocaust in Europe. People, especially women, were subject to barbarism and torture that most cannot even fathom. There are many atrocities which surpass those of the Holocaust. It's insanity.

• There was great loss.

Yes, I believe that the Rape of Nanking is correct in asserting that the deaths in China were just as bad as those of the Holocaust in Europe, because the loss of life in China was also astounding. People in the West have just not heard of it as much because it was not a part of Western culture and history.

• Yes, I do.

I am not entirely sure if the amount of people who were slaughtered in The Rape of Nanking is equal the amount of Jews, LGBT people and gypsies who were exterminated in the holocaust, but I have no doubt that they faced similar atrocities. I have read accounts of the murder and rape that happened and it is nothing that should be ignored or scoffed at.

• Nanking was horrible and unfortunate, but not to the degree of the Holocaust in Europe.

When exploring conversations that involve tragedy, the victims and survivors of that tragedy become very emotional about comparisons. Because it was the worst thing that they ever witnessed, it must have been the worst thing that had ever existed, or at least equal to it. The Holocaust in Europe lasted for years. The Nanking incident lasted six weeks. That's not even long enough to starve to death.