Do you believe the right to health care should be enumerated by an amendment to the U.S. Constitution?

• Yes, let's put it in writing.

As human beings, you would think we would recognize that everyone deserves the right to health care, regardless of their ability to pay - it is a human right. But because the world revolves around money, then yes, we need to spell it out by amending the constitution. It doesn't say much for our society, sadly.

• The right to health care should be enumerated by an amendment to the U.S. Constitution

I believe the right to health care should be enumerated by an amendment to the U.S. Constitution. I think that everyone should have health care and that it will make everyone who did not have it a lot more healthy the spread of disease will be less because of it and people will live longer.

• Yes, It Should

I believe the right to health care should be enumerated by an amendment to the US Constitution. I can not believe there are people in this world who don't want me to be able to see a doctor. And I say me because I still can't afford health care like I should have access to. I can't afford the premiums of health care and my state did not expand Medicaid. It burns me to know end to think that people are as cruel as they are.

• No. Healthcare is not a right.

While access to health care for everyone is a nice sounding goal, it is absurd to call it a "right". Think about the things listed in the Constitution that we call "rights". Speech, assembly, religion, possession of firearms etc. These are all things that in a natural state, free of government, we are able to engage it. The Constitution does not GIVE us these rights- it prevents the government from infringing on these rights. Health care does not fall into that same category. It involves resources and time. It is something that must be given- not something that we need to prevent from being taken away. To say that one has a "right" to health care would be to say that a person would be justified in holding a gun to a doctor's head and forcing them to provide health care. After all their just exercising their "right" to health care.