Do you believe the Spanish Inquisition involved torture at the hands of Catholic cardinals?

• You are gay

H h h h h h h h h h hh h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h hh h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h

• No, I don't believe the Catholic cardinals tortured anybody.

I do not believe that the Catholic cardinals tortured anybody during the Spanish Inquisition. I think that while I do believe that there were people tortured during the events, there is no evidence to suggest that the cardinals of the Catholic church themselves had anything to do with such atrocious acts.

• The Spanish Inquisition

I personally think that there's any question that Catholic cardinals engaged in torture during the Spanish Inquisition. It's a matter of historical fact. It's a tragedy that self-styled men of God would commit acts that are antithetical to the religion that they're supposed to teach. As Woody Allen put it in one of his movies, "If Jesus came back and saw what was being done in his name, he'd never stop throwing up."

• Yes, they tortured in the Spanish Inquisition

I don't think there's any question that Catholic cardinals engaged in torture during the Spanish Inquisition. It's a matter of historical fact. It's a tragedy that self-styled men of God would commit acts that are antithetical to the religion that they're supposed to teach. As Woody Allen put it in one of his movies, "If Jesus came back and saw what was being done in his name, he'd never stop throwing up."

• Yes it did

Yes, this event was full of torture, and I think that the catholic cardinals were mainly the ones that were behind it. I think that they did a lot of horrible things and that we need to make sure these things will never happen again as long as we live.

• Cardinals were not involved in torture

The Spanish Inquisition did not involve torture at the hands of Catholic Cardinals like some people think they were. There is no solid proof that the cardinals participated in the activities that would be characterized as torture. There is some dispute as to the involvement that the cardinals had, but not the the extent of torture.

• You are gay

• You are gay