Do you believe the sport of Cricket receives too much money and too much attention?

• In India, YES!!!

Cricketers in India are given way too much money and attention. There is a limit to the amount of money one can be paid for a sport. Cricket here receives more enthusiasm than NASA landing a space craft on Mars. Indian should really set their priorities right. When the IPL finals are conducted, all the news channels can talk about is the winners, losers and how they got there. After a point this becomes quite unbearable!!

• What's cricket again?

It's hard to feel that it receives too much attention when I'd have to hunt hard on a Google search to even see an example of it being played. I understand it's big every where else that the British used to rule, so maybe we're missing out? I think I'll go check out a match.

• Cricket earns what it gets.

The thing that establishes a sport is its fans. Without an audience, an activity is just an activity. It turns into a sport when people watch and follow the activity. The audience or spectators are indicative of the attention a sport is receiving. The audience is there voluntarily, so there is no such thing as "too much" attention. The money involved is to support the sport. Once again, the audience dictates this. If people are willing to pay to watch a cricket match, that is their freedom. There is no such thing as "too much money" if it is not yours to limit.

• No, it does not.

No sport receive to much money or attention, it's all based on how many people enjoy it and what kind of people enjoy it. If richer people enjoy a sport, it should receive more money due to the amount of money these people have to pay towards events in this sport.

• Greetings from the USA, where the answer is no.

You know, I find that to be a funny question because I live in the United States. And in this country, where we're just now starting to get major coverage of soccer as a sport, Cricket does not even register. So from my perspective, it receives zero money and attention!

• No, Cricket doesn't recieve too much money and attention.

I think that the money and attention that the sport of Cricket is deserved. The reason Cricket gets so much acclaim and prestige is because there are a lot of people who are willing to support and watch it. If people want to continue giving the sport money and attention, then so be it.