Do you believe the term "glass ceiling" is still viable in today's society?

• Yes, I believe the term "glass ceiling" is still viable in today's society.

Yes, I believe the term "glass ceiling" is still viable in today's society. There are many obstacles in the work [place still for women, minorities and gays. All 3 of the previously mentioned groups still make less money than white men and women still make less than men and are not promoted as much as men in corporate America.

• Yes, it is now on the front page of everything.

Because people are so obsessed with statistics today, we can now see the never ending gap between successful women and minorities today. I believe that even though we as a country say we are trying to close this gap, we are only doing so to make each other look good. In reality, the only people really trying to change this are the minorities and women themselves.

• Yes, I believe the term glass ceiling is still viable in today's society.

While the glass ceilings have generally been lifted as compared to even a decade ago they still exist in some industries and occupations in general, it's something that is slowly going away but will still take more time to fully get rid of, people will naturally discriminate against certain groups it's unfortunate but it's the way of the world.

• Not anymore today

Glass ceiling was a term for the times in history when discrimination and hatred of minorities was technically illegal but, at the same time, still widely accepted - allowing people to pass over them for promotions and exclude them. The ability of people today to advance is far different today than 40 years ago.

• We have opportunity.

No, I do not believe that the term glass ceiling is still viable in today's society, because women have so many opportunities. Hilary Clinton was the Secretary of State and she ran for president. One of the CEOs of one of the major car companies is a woman. Women can go as far as they want to.