• The Term Roma

I personally think that in the Romani language, rom is a masculine noun, meaning "man, husband", with the plural roma. Romani is the feminine adjective, while romano is the masculine adjective. Some Romanies use Rom or Roma as an ethnic name, while others (such as the Sinti, or the Romanichal) do not use this term as a self-ascription for the entire ethnic group

• Yes it is

yes, I think that the term Roma is way overused and that people need to stop making a big deal out of it like they have been. I think that there is nothing that is actually going on with the so called Roma people, and that it is all fine.

• Better Than Gypsy

I don't believe the term Roma or Romani is over used because it is better than the term "gypsy" which is even more derogatory. The word Roma or Romani describes the origins of the nomadic people as being from Romania in Eastern Europe. Although still not quite perfect, the word Roma is better than gypsy.

• No, the term Roma is not overused.

I do not think the term Roma is being overused in the media. In fact, other than the fact that some stories have come out recently in the foreign press regarding some scandals involving the Roma people, most viewers wouldn't even know what the term meant. I think the media has actually made some people aware of such groups.

• Roma is a simple moniker

It is easy for humans to assign people to simple groups based on simple traits. Obviously people are incredibly complex on the individual scale, but on a grander social scale the granular nature of individualism is mixed into a broader tapestry of basic similiarities of those individuals and how they perform as a social group. The title of "Roma" is simply describing a large minority in Europe who are readily identified for traits they clearly have no issue with presenting. This does not make the word "Roma" overused, but rather makes it a matter of pragmatism.