Do you believe there are peaceful elements to the Islamic religion?

• Some of the Best People I Know are Muslim

I like to talk and debate with a friend of mine. Our opinions on religion and its overall attributes have triggered some of the most insightful conversations. He is Muslim, and I am LDS (Mormon). He is adamantly opposed to terrorism (pointing out that most of ISIS' victims are Muslims, especially the "Apostates" who point out the good in Islam. I believe Islam is only about as violent as any other Abrahamic religion. And Christ wasn't a very violent person.

• Muslims fear to violate the law of modesty

Muslims, especially women, still value modesty, that's the best thing I like in Islam.
    Christian women don't value modesty, many of them wear clothes similar to strip dancers' outfit, that's the thing I most hate in Christianity. In non-Arab countries with strict laws, they should have strict dress codes also. There is no peace without modesty. Modesty is one of the most important virtue in all religions.

• Yes There Are

For the average follower of Islam the religion holds mostly peaceful elements. It is used as a structure to worship and praise God, not as an excuse to kill other people. The Islam faith is not inherently bad and people should not view it that way. Do not let the extremism of a few determine your views on this religion.

• The good outweighs the bad.

There are plenty of peaceful elements to the Islamic religion. Consider that there are about 2 billion people on earth who call themselves Muslim. Do you really think a religion that is only about hate and intolerance would have so many adherents? Christians have extremists and terrorists as well, you know. That didn't make my grandmother one.

• Yes, I do.

Yes, I do believe that there are peaceful elements to the Islamic religion. While I admit that I don't follow it closely, I do know quite a bit about Christianity and I know that the bible is filled with horrible atrocities and violence and also good deeds and uplifting stories. I believe that most religions contain both good and bad.

• Yes the religon of islam is very peacful.

Islam is very much a religion of peace. Unfortunately the only exposure to Islam for most people is the acts of violence conducted by Islamic extremists in the name of Islam. The truth is that Islam is based on the notion of peace as an essential element of life. The word "Islam" itself comes from the Arabic words for peace. A traditional Muslim greeting "As-Salamu-Alaykum" means peace be with you. Just because a small minority of Muslims are violent, that doesn't make all Muslims violent.

• Of course there are

Whenever you have a hundreds of years old philosophy that includes thousands of pages of material there is really nothing entirely good or bad about them (hopefully, unless they're actual hate speech). Islam has its good and its bad, like any religion, and it really is about what the people make of it.

• Nazism is Peace

All political and religious philosophies have peaceful elements. The Nazis were looking forward to a peaceful future where all other humans were either dead or enslaved by the UberMemsch.....Hmmm sounds familiar: Koran 8:12 "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"