Do you believe there are people in Czechoslovakia who are intolerant of the Roma?

• Rampent Racial Intollerance

There is defiantly issues in Czechoslovakia with the acceptance of the Roma. Ithe mere act of applying for citizenship is a problem for the Roma and it has been recommended by the Council of Europe's European Commission against Racism to the Czech authorities that they attempt to curbe these issues.

• There are intolerant people everywhere.

There are a few intolerant people in every country. I don't think that all, or most, people in Czechoslovakia are intolerant of the Roma, but I'm sure there are some that are. There has been a history of intolerance towards the Roma in many nations, so there are bound to be a few people that are still that way.

• I'm Sure There Are

I believe it is very possible that there are people in Czechoslovakia who are intolerant of the Roma. The Roma people live a lifestyle that many people in the world can't imagine. This lifestyle is not inherently wrong just because it doesn't fit into societies norms. Capitalism is something Roma is not concerned with. If anything, these people are just as smart for living a different lifestyle.

• Czechoslovakia is not a magical land of tolerance.

Of course there are people in Czechoslovakia who are intolerant of the Roma. Why on earth would Czechoslovakia be different from any other country? There are bigots found in every square mile of land populated by humans. To think otherwise shows a true lack of common sense. Just ignore the bigots.

• Yes, I think there are people in Czechoslovakia who are intolerant towards the Roma people.

I think there will always be people that are intolerant towards groups of people for a variety of reasons regardless of where they are, people in Eastern Europe have mixed opinions on the Roma people and some view them favorably while others have issues with them for a variety of reasons.