Do you believe Title IX was good (yes) or bad (no) for college athletics?

• Yes, I think Title IX was good for college athletics.

I believe Title IX reduced gender discrimination in colleges and opened up them to more equality which is something we should be encouraging in society, while some will argue that female sports are not popular and colleges are wasting money on the teams, I believe as time goes by they will slowly snowball into popularity.

• I think Title IX was good for college athletics

One of the benefits of Title IX is that it opened the world of sports to half of the population that had previously not had an avenue to pursue college athletics. College sports benefited by having so many more practitioners. The increased participation was a good thing that continues to this day.

• Yes, I think that Title 9 was good for college athletics.

I think that Title 9 was good for college athletics. When Title 9 was passed, it made it better for the college community because all of a sudden, there was more of a pool of people that could go to college for an education and play sports for those universities. That is why it is only logical to say that it was good for athletics in college.

• It was not fair to men's sports

Title IX was not fair to men's sports, in terms of required balances that are now mandatory between the genders. The ideals behind Title IX were certainly noble, but it impacted men's athletics programs quite negatively, which hurts college athletics in general. Title IX should be amended or repealed for this reason