• Yes, women use social media more than men.

Yes, studies show that adult U.S. women on average use social media more than men. A greater percentage dominates Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest and other forms of social media. The only exception to this rule is LinkedIn where men have a higher presence than women, according to a Pew research study.

• Yes, women participate in social media more frequently and in more detail than men do.

In my experience, women of all ages are more likely to engage socially, whether online or offline, than men. Women tend to be more interested in the details of other people's lives--such as who is dating whom, who is having babies, who has a new job and so forth--than men. Or in cases where men are interested, they are happy to know just the basic facts whereas women like to hear more details, see photos and discuss implications and ramifications and such. This is true offline, but it bleeds into online experiences, too, where women tend to be more engaged in such interactions. Of course, there are exceptions on either side, but generally speaking, more women are engaged in social media than men.

• Why everyone uses social media equally

From what I have seen, both men and women use social media the same amount. While women do tend to generally post more "selfies" than the majority of men do, men still use their accounts just as much as women. Whether it is Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or anything else, they are usually enjoyed the same amount by both genders.

• I think both sexes are addicted.

Social media seems to have its fair share of both sexes using it. This way of communicating has become quite popular throughout the world. Some people have even become addicted to it, and yes that does include men as well. So, I don't think it really matters what sex you are, social media will be popular.