• Depression is a serious matter and an important issue to discuss.

Although the news media could focus less on sports icons in general, there is something humanizing about discussing the personal issues within the lives in celebrities. More often than not it isn't appropriate, but in this case, T.J. Duckett's story of overcoming depression is inspiring and paints a hero's struggle of pushing through opposition.

• Yes. I do care about T.J. Duckett's struggles with depression.

Yes. I do care about T.J. Duckett's struggles with depression. I think that it is important that we shine a light on these issues. Far too often, these things get swept under the rug and people end up seriously hurting themselves or worse while their family members know that they could have prevented it. I think it's important no matter who has it.

• I do not care about his struggles with depression

Although this is harsh do say, I do not care about T.J. Duckett's struggles with depression. I do not follow sports regularly, so it is difficult for me to feel emotionally involved or connected with a total stranger. I am sorry that he has depression and has had a hard time, but I unfortunately do not care about his story at all.

• No, I don't care about T.J. Duckett's struggles with depression.

If I had to name one single thing wrong with our country or modern culture in general, it would absolutely have to do with our absolute obsession with mental health. In my opinion, by focusing in so narrowly on our 'internal' world, we paradoxically do ourselves a great disservice and do great harm to our mental state. The most successful people in the world are very often the least self-conscious.