Do you deserve to be treated how you treat others with no exceptions?

Asked by: steffon66
  • Deserve is a tricky word.

I would PREFER that people make an ATTEMPT to treat me the way I treat other people, which is what I think your question is asking. If I go do something horrific, then I am open to reprisal, but if I just go about my routine, I want other people to go about their business. Sure, I'll hold the door open for you, but that's because you're more heavily-laden than I am and you'd take forever to get it, and I'd be stuck behind you the whole time.

• How I would treat a murdering, rapist of children, doesn't mean that I should get the same punishment, that I would give them.

How I would treat a murdering, rapist, of children, doesn't mean that I should get the same punishment, that I would give them.

I mean I want to be a cop some day, and when that happens, that shouldn't mean that I should serve a sentence with everyone that I ever arrest.

(PS the murdering, rapist of children part was only me mentioning the worst crime I could think of, I do acknowledge that most (almost all) criminals do not do stuff that horrible and should be treated like fellow human beings)