Do you ever wish women would not start shaving since it causes hair to become coarser, thicker, and to spread?

Asked by: WWWestfall
  • Causes worse problems

Usually when women start shaving it's because of peer pressure or the media tells them so. However, if they never started shaving their legs, there wouldn't be a constant need for shaving.

Shaving is difficult, and you risk cutting yourself as well. So, if a women started shaving, she can't stop without risking becoming a social outcast.

• What is the deal anyway

Women would be fine if they just never shaved. But, they are encouraged to as teens and then it is too late to stop because the hair gets so much thicker, coarser, and spreads.

I do not understand why women do things to try and make themselves appear to be a child.

• Hair doesn't get thicker when you shave.

"No — shaving hair doesn't change its thickness, color or rate of growth. Shaving facial or body hair gives the hair a blunt tip. The tip might feel coarse or "stubbly" for a time as it grows out. During this phase, the hair might be more noticeable and perhaps appear darker or thicker — but it's not." -Mayo Clinic
    I personally like the way smooth skin feels.

• Shaving is r/t to advertisement and societies ideals on what is, and what should be sexy.

I believe if we weren't so hyper submissive to societies standards and ideals we wouldn't feel the pressures to do such minuscule things as shaving, in order to fit in. HOWEVER, No i dont wish that women would have never started shaving, because of it becoming coarser, thicker, and spreading, I wish women didn't start shaving so that we wouldn't have become victim to societies sexual ideals and hypersexualisitic views.

• This is an urban myth

Shaving does not cause hair to be coarser, thicker, or to spread. The blunt tip of hair caused by shaving might cause it to feel coarser for a short time. The more likely cause of this myth is that people start shaving when their bodies are growing and producing more hair. The associate thicker and coarser hair with shaving because that hair started to grow when they started shaving. However, the hair is a natural part of growing and it would be there if the person shaved or not.

• Women shave because they want to

Women don't have to shave if they don't want to. They have a choice to. Women can either shave or not shave. It's nobody's business besides the woman's. If they don't want to shave, they don't have to shave. If they want to, they can shave. It's their choice. Not yours.

• Not your place?

First and foremost, it is the woman's choice whether to shave or not. It's her body and she can do whatever she can do with it within her capabilities. If a woman wants to shave, let her fucking shave. If she doesn't, she doesn't have to. You don't have the right to come in and make demands about the way a woman chooses to care for herself just because it bothers you. You can preach all you want about how women shouldn't be pressured into shaving and that they'd be fine and beautiful with unchecked body hair but you still come in and complain about it when they make their own choice to do it.

• I'm not into bearded women.

In my opinion, women shouldn't have body hair, especially their face and legs. I've never heard of shaving spreading hair growth. The other "no" post confirms my suspicion that shaving doesn't affect hair growth, so I'm picking this one as well. Where'd you hear about this anyways? [Shaving is not to be like a child, it's to be like a (proper) female]