Do you feel as if you possess a clear identity of what the word, "Bar" means in referring to it as the legal profession and the process of qualifying to practice law?

• Yes, I have a pretty clear idea.

Yes, passing the bar, to me, means completing a course of study followed by taking exams that allow an individual to legally practice as an attorney. More specifically, passing the bar means passing the final tests that allow a person entry into the field. The bar has everything to do with law practice.

• I thought it was

Where the lawyers go to drink after they earn obscene amounts of money for screwing people over. Thirty five more words required? I don't think so - although I do know a good lawyer joke or two. OK, down to fourteen and counting - seven six five four three two one!

• I thought it was

• Everyone guessing wrong.

Everyone here guessing at the etymology of bar, as used as it relates to practice of law, is guessing wrongly. It is a shortening of the word "barrister", which is an English term for one who litigates within a courtroom. So, this opinion has gotten some clean kills, except for the one who was willing to admit not knowing the reference.

• Yes, I have a clear idea of what the word "Bar" means when referring to the legal profession.

Bar in an official framework carries a few probable meanings. Meaning 1: the actual physical section of a courtroom between its very own functioning as well as open public places. Meaning 2: Ways to qualify and the steps involved in being approved to perform law. Meaning 3: as well as the legal career.

• The word "bar" is clear

The word "bar" is clear as it refers to the legal profession. It means a test administered by the states in order to practice law. This gives a person certain rights and obligations that must be followed. Many take the test after going to law school, although this may not necessarily be a qualification.

• Bar is metals

BAr is da metils, you cans holder it button iff uz putt yur tong own itt whenitt coldy itlll sticker g g g g g g g g g g g g g gg g g g g g g g g g g gg g g g g g

• No, the understanding of what Bar means when referring to the legal profession can be ambiguous.

Bar, in a legal sense, can be confusing and very ambiguous to anyone who has no knowledge of the practice of law. Bar simply to most people, would mean the Bar exam if they had to guess what someone was referring to in the legal field. However the exact reason why it is called the Bar exam would not be entirely understood.

Throwback says2016-08-27T01:42:11.550
Those claiming to know are wrong. Bar-barrister. Bar exam- barrister exam. American Barrister Association