Do you feel as though the Last Supper of Jesus is one of the most important parts of the New Testament?

• The Last Supper set the stage for Christianity.

Between the first sharing of communion between Jesus and his disciples - a practice that would become a treasured practice in Christianity - and an acknowledgement of the crucifixion to soon follow, the Last Supper was the clarion call for Jesus' followers to carry on after his death and preach his message throughout the world.

• Yes, it formed the basis of the Eucaharist, an essential Christian ritual

The Last Supper is an event in the New Testament that is the basis of one of the most sacred religious rituals in Christianity-- the Eucharist-- which is a ceremony in which Christians symbolically take in the body and blood of Christ by eating bread and drinking wine. So not only is it one of the most important parts of the New Testament, some would argue that it's the most important next to the crucifixion itself, since it is the reason why Christians partake in Holy Communion.

• Yes, I feel that the last supper is the most important part of the New Testament.

Yes, I feel that the last supper is the most important part of the New Testament. The last supper is the cultivation of the New Testament and Jesus's life. It is important for many reasons but the one that stands out in my mind is the first communion. That is pretty important because it was a symbolization of what was going to happen to Jesus in the near future.

• A famous story

Yes, this is one of the most important parts of the New Testament, because it was so popular and so famous throughout history. Even one of the most famous paintings in the world depicts this scene. It is probably one of the most talked about parts of the bible ever.

• He gave instructions.

Yes, I feel as though the Last Supper of Jesus is one of the most important parts of the New Testament, because Jesus gave us very clear instructions for the sacraments until he returns. He said to eat the bread and drink the cup, and in that way proclaim the Lord's death until he comes.

• Little of importance outside ritual

I guess this depends on what you mean by 'one of the most important parts'.

I would say no, as the last supper sets you up for a ritual, but doesn't really give you much in the way of actual teachings. If the only reason you are looking to religion is specifically to drink the wine and chew the wafer so you can say your soul is safe, then sure...

But in contrast, looking at the different parables of Christ that actually give you valuable moral reasoning techniques, that communicate actual values that will hopefully make the world a better place, I am not sure how one can really look to the last supper.

Realistically, the idea that the wine and bread are the most important parts kind of makes the point for why Christianity does not do what it proposes. People want the salvation without the work it takes to save humankind.