• I didn't mean to

I was in my freshman year in high school and this girl kept asking us questions about a test in the back room, where we took the test and the teacher couldn't see us. I answered with I don't know and I didn't get there yet, but I answered one of her questions because she took my scrap paper and I wanted it back. My teacher planted a recorder and heard us, but he didn't give us a zero. If we told him we cheated, he would take off 25 points, so then my grade started at a 75

• I feel like an idiot now

I had my Chinese class just right before computer and the teacher arranged a pop quiz on numbers (It was kinda like this 1+1=2 then you need to write it in Chinese) So I was seated right beside this Korean girl and I think she was good so the teacher wrote the question on the board sooo... I was halfway through the test then I literally don't know how to write number 7 in Chinese so I did a little peek through that girl's test then she seemed right so i copied her then the teacher caught me then she came to me than moved my desk so I can't see a single mark on her paper. I was the best student in my class then the teacher caught me cheating luckily my classmates had no idea what the teacher was talking about so I was lucky. Now I feel like an idiot and super guilty!

• I cheated on my math test

I'm in 6th grade but I'm in 10th grade math,and I cheated on a Pre Calculus test by working on my test even when the dismissal bell rang.
    I felt awfully guilty when I continued working, and later, the teacher caught me red handed and gave me a 0, when I was supposed to get a 94.

• I hate NSL and I feel terrible sure, but it's my teacher's fault for being a bad, unplanned, unorganized teacher.

I cheated on a test that other day in AP Government class and was caught. It was horrible. I've been getting B's and C's on the last tests. And my grade in the class was a B and I'm a straight A student, so my parents won't accept a B. I studied for the the previous tests and this one as hard as I could. I printed flashcards with similar test questions from quizlet, I reread the textbook, I looked over all my notes, and spent so much time studying. We did our NSL test on the chromebook this time and my teacher was absent. Basically, we weren't supposed to open any other browsers.I felt terrible because I studied so hard and no matter how hard I studied, it wasn't good enough. In my opinion, he's a bad teacher because he spends the entire class talking and never has a lesson plan. Sure, it's nice to talk about history on such general terms. But what good does it do if your students fail the test. I thought I was going to fail for sure, so I opened up the browser and searched up one word, "public opinion", during the test. Just one question. But, since he was our teacher, he had access to our browsing history and used some software to track our searches. Later, he decided that he wouldn't give me a 0 because that test made up 25% of our grade and that it wouldn't be fair for simply one question. So, then he took off three points. And, now I'm scared that I'm going to get a B. He didn't tell my parents, but cheating would've never happened, had he been a better teacher. And I'm not the only one, there were several other students who cheated on more than one question like 5 or 6. He called me up during class and talked to me about it and I tried not to show any expressions. Honestly, I hate him because he never smiles and his face is in a permanent frown.

• Absolutely I Do

I cheated on a History test today and was caught. I did study all of last night, all 35 terms I studied them and I remembered all of them. However not even a third of them was on the test. When I read the first line of the question I absolutely didn't understand, I l began to get really warm and started to sweat a bit, it was awful! I basically started getting a panic attack after reading a few more questions! "These.. Questions weren't on the study guide...I don't know quotes of these people..." I started to think and earlier that day my friend said that she cheated off a guy in front off her. So I started to think I could cheat, since we do tests on the computer, so I did but I pushed it way too much and my teacher caught me. He came up to me and pat me on the shoulder and asked if I knew we weren't supposed to have other browsers open and I literally almost crapped myself so that didn't quite help the feeling of me being warm. And then once I finished I tried to book it out of there but he called my name and I stopped to look back at him. Atlas this time he said he wouldn't mark them all wrong but when I looked at him I felt awful I just gave the best poker face that I could and scurried out of their quickly..... And that was even the first time I cheated on a test this year. Now I'm just nervous because I have a class with him later today.

I swore to myself I'm not gonna cheat on any other test this year for sure.. ;-;

• Oh heck yeah

The other day me and my friend were going to take a social studies quiz and we agreed to show each other the answers since we sit next to each other. Once I turned the quiz my teacher said "No talking during a quiz" and I said sorry and sat back down. After the bell rang he pulled me and my friend over and asked the reason we were talking and I told the truth and said we were exchanging answers. We both have a detention now and Im going to have to take a harder quiz. I feel terrible and not only that but my mom was extremely dissapointed. It really isnt worth it no matter how much you want a good grade.

• Oh heck yeah

• Oh heck yeah

• Oh heck yeah

• Perhaps I lack Shame

Perhaps my personality is just shameless, but I suspect there are other reasons
    1) Many students cheat to a certain degree. Maybe not on huge tests like the ACT, but smaller quizzes and homework, yeah students copy off of each other, and it usually viewed more as helping someone out who is in a situation that you empathize with.
    2) It does take a certain amount of nerve and skill to cheat on quizzes or tests, and so I feel there's still credit you can give to yourself. Creating a plan with your friends or just having the nerve to do something on the fly to get a couple extra points. Of course when you think back on it you may realize there was nothing to be worried about, but often people feel more pressure than they realistically need to in the heat of the moment.

• Only to save yourself

I don't normally cheat on tests, but if I'm trying to save my grade in any class, it would probably be worth taking a shot, no matter how much studying you put in prior to those tests. It's not like you would have to prove why a triangular prism is a prism in your life outside of Geometry.

Posted by: 3slx
  • I never feel bad...

School isn't about learning, it is about passing. People cheat on tests, people cheat on life, so how bout that? It's not like I asked for a test anyways. Arnold Schwarzenegger cheated at a muscle flexing contest, he used steroids. Look at Arnold now, famous and popular. Cheaters will always win (if you play your cards right.)

• I only feel bad if I get caught.

I never cheat on tests. But, the one time I did, I got caught. I only cheated on one question but my teacher had some stupid software or he looked through everyone's search history to check. And I didn't even cheat on that question. I just basically double checked my answer. Even without searching it up, I had the right answer. But, I was still called out on cheating by the teacher and thankfully I didn't get a 0, but he took off three points. He's the kind of person who trusts people until they break it. And what makes me feel even worse is that now I have to face him for the rest of this year knowing I cheated. But, the worst part is that I studied so much for this history test with every possible method and I still got a bad grade. No matter how much I study and review, it's never good enough. Also, I blame my teacher because he spent the entire class talking and has basically no lesson plan. That's no way to learn. Some of my past teachers also talked the entire time but at least whatever was on the test was mentioned during their lectures. But, this guy is a terrible teacher. I hate him so much and he honestly scares me.

• You gotta do what you gotta do

Ya know if u put in the effort and planning to cheat and succeed then your earnt the mark you got from that 100%. But if u cheated and got caught then u deserved the 0 too. Life isnt fair so you gotta make your own way in the world

• I do not feel bad

Honestly if I cheat on a test I have just saved myself some valuable time. Thats called being productive. Also I take too many subjects I dont care about so really Im just saving myself from getting into trouble. I dont go out of my way to cheat but if and when the opportunity presents itself Ill gladly take it.