• I was given a purebred as a gift and I do feel bad about that.

I was surprised with a Christmas gift from a friend. The gift was a purebred dalmation bought from a breeder complete with papers. We love the dog; however, I have always felt guilty that we didn't receive a rescue. If it had been my choice, I would not buy from a breeder. I would choose a dog that needed a home.

• A b c

Alphabet Song

a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z NOW YOU KNOW MY ABCS NEXT TIME YOU SHOULD AND YOU HAVE TO SING WITH ME

I HAVE A PURE POODLE HE IS CUTE

• A b c

Alphabet Song

I HAVE A PURE POODLE HE IS CUTE

• There's no need to feel guilty.

I used to own a purebred dog, a small miniature dachshund by the name of Schultz. He was a good dog, if a bit temperamental at times. And no, I did not feel guilty about selecting a purebred animal for companionship. And in fact, I would do it again. There are lots of responsible breeders.

• Not At All

I have owned three purebred dogs in my lifetime and I do not feel guilty about that at all. My first two purebred dogs were toy poodles and they were part of my family. I miss them both dearly. My current purebred dog is a pit bull and she is the biggest baby. I don't have any reason to regret owning these dogs.

• No, I do not.

When I was growing up, my parents were dog breeders. We did this responsibly, making sure not to mix family lines or have litters of puppies to close together. We never lost one puppy, and all 49 of them went on to live full lives with their owners. Puppy mills give purebreds a bad wrap.

• A great hunter

No, I do not feel guilty about owning my purebred dog. He is worth a lot of money, and is very smart for a dog. I own a great hunting dog, and treat him just like he is a member of my family. He is almost like a human to be around.