• Maybe the Bern of America Dying

I hear him constantly rambling on about:
    -Wealth Inequality (mostly this)
    -Free Education
    -Raising Minimum Wage

Wealth inequality, where do I start? Inequality is not the core issue. The true issue is economic mobility. Is there an equal opportunity for everyone to rise (i.E. American Dream)? Bernie Sanders seems more concerned with using "the billionaire class" as a scapegoat for the troubles Americans face today than inequality. It's a smart move on his part. It creates the sense of a common enemy who is to blame. However, this notion is ludicrous. The rich are not to blame for every ailment in America. In fact, they are responsible a lot of the good: GDP, tax revenue, jobs, ect. I hear him constantly rambling on about:

Single payer healthcare is a disaster. Live in Europe for 18 months, like I have, and you'll understand. The quality of care is ridiculously bad and there are no other options. I also believe everyone should contribute to the cost of their own health, not arbitrarily singling out the rich for a tax because it alienates the least voters for the most revenue.

Free higher education, no. Just no. Reduced cost perhaps? Yes, but making it free is a poor decision. It would become the new basic standard. A masters or phd would likely start to become the bachelors degree of today. Less motivated students would attend, wasting valuable resources. The large influx into the workforce would drive down wages. I could go on and on. I do believe that the opportunity should be available for any motivated, hard-working student to attend college through whatever programs necessary, however.

Raising the minimum wage to $15 would not benefit the middle class. It would result in drastic job losses for unskilled workers and/or reduced hours. Pretend that doesn't happen. What do you think would happen to the stock market once profits begin to be gouged by a higher minimum wage? This is when Bernie Sanders supporters start yelling "Death to Wall-street and the billionaire class." Don't forget where a huge portion of everyday, middle-class American's retirement portfolio's lie, in stocks. This would wreak havoc.

I have much more to say about each topic but my time is short.

Posted by: RYK