Do you feel the Jewish people are a race (yes) or a religion (no)?

• They are both.

I am saying this because a Jew is sitting next to me. Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

• Jewish people are both a race and a religion

Coming from an Ashkenazi Jew who does not practice Judaism, I believe that being Jewish is both a race and a religion. It began as a religion, but within that religious group, people kept on having offspring, and mostly did not interbreed with other populations. On top of this, they also went through their own situations (such as having to pay taxes in order to live somewhere), which led to the evolution of their own unique characteristics that the majority of other populations are lacking (including a higher intellectual ability on average and physical characteristics such as curly dark hair, a larger nose, etc). They have evolved to have their own set of genetics, so are therefore a race. People who have these genes are part of the Jewish race, whether they practice Judaism or not. However, people who do not have the DNA of Ashkenazi/Sephardic Jews can practice the religion Judaism. But, because they do not have the genetics embedded in their genes, they are not part of the Jewish race that was created by the religion.

• Jewish people who claim to not be religious.

This is a topic I've never questioned until recently. I've always considered Jewish people to be a religious group (thus the antisemitism debate) but not until I realized the hypocrisy did I understand. The fact that there are 10s of thousands of self proclaimed Jewish people who also claim they are not religious proves that being Jewish is about a type of race, not a religious statement.

• You can be Jewish and not religious.

• Yes and No.

Jewish people in my opinion are both a race and a religion. I think those who are Jewish can be from the religion and practice the beliefs but not really be part of the race itself. I also feel that a person who is from Jewish decent can practice other beliefs and not really be part of the religion.

• Jewish people are both.

I consider myself culturally Jewish even though I am not very religious. I keep certain parts of Jewish religion, but even those, such as Kosher, I consider more cultural. Many Jews are secular but are still considered Jewish. I think it is more a religion and all religious Jews are Jews, but some can be culturally Jewish as well.

• A cultural group

There are populations of Jews that are as isolated and self identified as any other similar racial group. The key here is what constitutes a race; while people make the religion argument often, the actual genetic differences between any people of any race is tiny, so Jews can be considered as isolated.

• Ghg g g

Erwerv f f f gf g h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h2 h h h h h h h h h h h 6h 26h 2 h6 2h h6 2h 6h h6 2h6 h h6 h 2h 3h21h63h2 h h69 6h

• Ghg g g

• Ghg g g

• Ghg g g

• Ghg g g

• Being Jewish is more about religion these days.

The Jewish people were at one time both a race and a religion, but now I feel they are mostly a religion. This is because so much interfaith and mixed marriages have ensued over time. People's blood gets mixed with other blood so much that the religion becomes the dominant form of Judaism rather than etnnicity.

• Jewish People are a religion

The reason that Jewish people aren't a race is because anyone of any race can become Jewish. I know the word Jew has become an ethnic identifier, but it isn't even really that. The closest thing you can label the majority of Jews as racially is semetic. Other than that, it can't apply at all.