Do you feel the phrase 'under God' is necessary in the Pledge of Allegiance?

• Hell yes i think so

This government was created under god and the framers of the constitution think so... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• The phrase Under God is necessary in the Pledge of Allegiance

The phrase Under God is necessary in the Pledge of Allegiance. Based on what I know, it fits the American Spirit. Also, no school is obligated to say the Pledge of Allegiance, so if they don't want to then they don't have to. From the beginning of the formation of this country, many things were done "under God". I don't personally see anything wrong with it. Even the president says God bless American all the time.

• It just flows nicely

There's no reason to remove "under God" from the Pledge of Allegiance, even as a nation that does not have an official religion (although is dominantly Christian), but it has over time proven to be completely unnecessary and is merely a symbolic show of patriotism - that America is one nation under God, the creator of all things.

• I find it offensive.

I find that phrase in the Pledge of Allegiance to be extremely offensive and refuse to say it when it gets to that part of the pledge. I am not religious at all so I do not believe that it is appropriate for a nation founded on religious anti-persecution to have something so blatantly against their morals in their pledge.

• No, the phrase 'under God' does not contribute to national fidelity

No, the phrase 'under God' is not necessary in the Pledge of Allegiance. I don't think that pledging allegiance to the country requires involving religion. It does not negate a person's love or loyalty to their country if they don't believe in a God. As a nation that values the freedom of its citizens' religion or lack thereof, ascribing to any higher power is discriminatory. It is best to leave religion to individual citizens.