• Yes it is

The Nazis went to war against the allies because of reparations, they also killed Jews; we consider the swastika to be racist. The confederate went to war against the U.S. because portraits, they also enslaved black people; why isn't the confederate flag considered racist and the Nazi flag is, hmm.

• It's a symbol of hate

I ask all of those who say it's southern pride :
    Would you feel the same if 50 years from now people go around waving Taliban and ISIS flags and say it's a symbol of Muslim pride ?
    This flag is a symbol of hate, slavery and ignorance. It must be treated as such. And if you see ignorance and slavery as things to be " proud " of, then you need to see a psychiatrist.

• Yes it is

These southerners try to say it is a symbol of rebellion and not slavery, well that is a lot of
    S.Hip
    H.High
    I.N
    T.Transit
    I could just as much say that the Nazi flag isn't a symbol of racism, it was a symbol of rebellion too, that it was just a symbol of when Germany rebelled against Frances reparations.

• It's not about the place

I offer a simple comparison. Would you use a Nazi flag as a symbol of German pride? No because the Nazi regime was nothing to be proud of it stood for fascism and intolerance. The confederacy was anti American and intolerant which is nothing to be proud of. Instead of dwelling on an embarrassing part history let's learn from the past look to the future. Sure they rebelled and what not but for what reason? Why not look to the "come and take it" flag as an alternative? The defense of slavery was an embarrassing scar placed on the south, it is absolutely nothing to be proud of. Put it away and raise your American flags.

• Go to college

Go to college and take an American history course. I have, I have a AA-T in History working on my bachelors. It was created for the sole purpose of distinguishing the south from the North. The division was a result of a disagreement with states rights, yes, but the disagreement was over the continuation of slavery in the US. The southerns not wanting to part from slavery, and disagreeing with the decline of slave states felt they had no choice but to leave. This issue is over the unethical use of free black labor for profit. The US was the last nation to abandon slavery as it was already banned by Britain. The South were stubborn, money hungry traitors to the US. So, if you wanna fly your flag just know you're embracing a traitorous and prejudice history. You're not an American but a traitor. It's not some symbol of "rebellion" but a symbol of the treacherously prejudice south. Thomas Jefferson(writer of the constitution which you "rebels" claim to respect) freed the slaves he inherited. Jefferson would never side with the confederate traitors and that is a historical fact, he appalled slavery. Congrats you uneducated bigots.

• I am a white southerner and I can find hatred in the banner

"Heritage" is a weak argument. You find a German with connections to WWII and let them fly the swastika and tell them "It's okay to fly that flag, I am aware that that your grand-pappy helped kill millions of Jews, but you can, call it 'heritage' and you'll be off the hook." The rebel flag was flown over many terrible hate crime events.

• Ruined by history

Look I recognize that a lot of people from the south care about the flag because it has to do with heritage and culture, but ultimately the flag has been ruined thanks to its usage to defend slavery. Aside from that it doesn't really stand for much (I mean it is called the Confederate flag, not the white and black people's flag). If we were to get rid of any flag that had a bad history that would be ridiculous, but the Confederate flag stands solely for racism and has been misconstrued to be symbolic of modern southern culture. I mean the swastika wasn't bad until Hitler came around, but his evildoings has made it taboo. Does the south really want to keep what is ultimately a symbol of oppression to remain as their flag?

• It's just Southern Pride

Of all the people I've met who've flied the Confederate flag, none are racist they are simply proud to be Southern. The problem is that only evil Confederates like Dylan Roof get featured on the news, never does the news cover anybody who flies the flag out of Southern pride.

And anyone who is about to say "Oh, the Civil War was a war against Southern slavery." need a history lesson. The South wasn't fighting for slavery, they were fighting because they didn't like the government, and the North wasn't fighting to end slavery, they were fighting to restore the Union.

For God sake's, there were black Confederate soldiers. If that's not enough to convince someone the war was about more than slavery, I don't know what is.

• Stop being ridiculous!

The Confederate flag isn't a symbol of hate. With that being said, let's cut to the chase. The "civil war" (really the "War of Northern Aggression") wasn't fought over slavery. It was fought over states' rights. Is it really that offensive or "hateful" to be supportive of states' rights? I don't think so! If you're offended by that, then you need some serious help.

• Not in the slightest.

I don't find the confederate flag offensive and I see it a lot in my home state of Idaho. However I can see why it would be offensive to countless people who were victims of white supremacists. I also know that the flag is representative one of the most traitorous groups of people in US history. Not only did these guys secede, launch an attack on a US fort with out a formal declaration of war, but they also did all of this so they could continue to enslave people. If you want to suck those people's c*cks by waving their flag, than thats your right.

• It has new meaning.

I don't know about everywhere or everyone. But around where I live, everyone has a confederate flag in their yard. These people aren't racist, the racist ones have the US flag and the confederate side by side. The flag is not a symbol of racism, but of rebellion. And rebellion is not offensive.

• It has new meaning.

• Hk h h

C c c c c c d d d d d d d dd w ww w ww w w w w w ww w w w w w ww w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w

• Everything's "offensive" nowadays

This is getting old and fast. The flag represents our past, whether we like it or not and it isn't hurting anyone at all. If people have an issue with the Confederate flag then there should be an issue with the American flag because of what it "represents".

Many people say that the confederate flag represents racism and hate towards black people, right? Well if that's the case then ours must be racist towards the Native Americans for they were killed for this land to later become America.

And if you ask many people, they see it as a rebel flag. I mean hell, some black people wear it!!!

• The confederate flag is not offensive

THe confederate flag is simply a symbol of heritage not hate. We don't mean it as an insult. It doesn't mean we hate african americans it's simply a remembering our past not necessarily meaning we want to live like we did in the past. In all the confederate fkag would not be offensive

• No I don't.

I don't find it offensive and I don't care if others interpret it to be offensive. We don't have a right to not be offended in this country. Remember that awesome story about Wal-Mart refusing to make a cake with the confederate flag, but agreeing to make a cake with the flag of ISIS? Wow, political correctness sure screws people up.

Http://abcnews.Go.Com/Business/walmart-apologizes-making-isis-cake-man-denied-confederate/story?Id=32103721

• Bocephus for President!

Hey everyone! All this sillyness over the rebel flag is just ridiculous. They ban Hank Williams Jr. From ESPN over nothing and then the Dukes of Hazzard is banned. Both icons are as American as you could get. All the southern bands and let's not forget Elvis Presley all have had songs about Dixie or have had the rebel flag on their CD covers for years. Johnny Cash had a song about Robert E. Lee. What's with people today? Probably more senseless violence and hatred today over things that have nothing to do with the flag then things that have to do with the flag. People who want to ban the flag are just jealous of things like Country Music, Dukes of Hazzard, and the south because it has a unique personality and culture. Never been a problem before and it should not be a problem now! Keep America original!