• Yes, it is

I live in a muslim majority environment and I they are the most beautiful, peaceful people I ever met. They have high tolerance amongst others and respect the non muslims minority. They get along each other and love each others. The prophet's neighboow was a jew. The Qur'an taught us, whoever attacks and kills people to join islam, is not even smell a pinch of paradise.

Posted by: Mz99
  • Islam is liked by most... At least those who dont practice stereotyping...

Peaceful and liked. Just cuz "islamist's" are causing chaos doesn't mean all muslims are like that!!! That's called stereotyping which shouldn't be a concept still practiced in today's society !!! Stereotyping is a very false way of labeling which when done is mostly never true! Islam is a peaceful religion. And as quoted "killing one person is like killing all of humanity."

• Islam does more harm than love and comfort

Islam is a HUGE religion spanning many different people and cultures so it would be utterly wrong to stereotype the whole religion which contains around 1,500,000,000 people. But I believe Islam has caused more suffering than love and comfort, basically the cost outweighs the benefit. Although the Koran does encourage killing against against non-believers Quran (9:29) but also does the Holy Bible Deuteronomy 17 so no I do not believe that the majority of followers follow these commands but there are extremist our there who follow their holy scripture strictly. I believe that Islam has more extremist than Christianity. (I have no evidence for this claim) Why don't we see Jew extremist? Or even Hindu extremist? "Not all Muslims are terrorist but all terrorist are Muslim" not literally but still it holds kinda true. As an Atheist i'd have Christianity over Islam basically have all Muslims be Christians, although this is un-realistic.
    Sorry for so many run on sentences!
    My first opinion thing

• I don't like it now, and I never will. Here's why:

Islam calls for the suppression of other religions and thus is the only religion that is directly opposed to freedom of religion. On the outside, it seems to be growing, but on the inside, it's slowly dying out. The reason for this is because it punishes apostasy (leaving the religion) with execution, combined with the fact that most new members of the religion are born into it, due to the misogynistic tradition within the religion in which a woman must submit to a man's will no matter what, thus excusing inappropriate male behavior and leading to an out-of-control birth rate among Muslims. It also has a particular distaste for freedom, and preaches anti-gay bigotry, anti-Christian bigotry, and anti-Semitism. It overall is just a very intolerant religion and a horrific, potent killer, second only to atheism.