Do you like the way the elevated trains go over the streets and avenues in New York City?

Asked by: Adam2
  • I hate public transit, but I love the freight cargo rails; it's part of that Ancient Roman mentality

The elevated trains over the streets in New York is strictly a New York thing. I love how you can go under the elevated trains in New York. My favorites were mostly Broadway (in Brooklyn) and New Utrecht Avenue. It's one of those things I love about New York City.

• Should get rid of them.

Though you may find driving under the tracks to be interesting, living next to the tracks is much less so. There is also the risk of an accident involving one of the supports that would not only damage a car but lead to even worse problems if a heavy vehicle hits them. Most places that have elevated trains have turned them into subways to get rid of the eyesore and noise that comes with living or owning a business next to them.

Adam2 says2014-05-05T01:18:36.920
Ancient Roman because the Ancient Romans loved building overpasses and aqueducts.