Do you really think abortion is bad? ( I want honest answers nothing with religion and god)

Asked by: CueQuianna
  • Individually, abortion kills many valuable people. Collectively, abortion is a tragedy with a death toll of over 1,000,000 babies in the USA every year.

In the USA . . .
    21% of all pregnancies end in abortion

55% of abortions were women who had never had an abortion
    45% were women who had (a) previous abortion(s)

This is a huge death toll, and the people who are using abortion in place of decent birth control practices make me question their ability to make responsible decisions about sex and birth control.

Http://www.Cdc.Gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/ss6208a1.Htm?S_cid=ss6208a1_w
    https://www.Guttmacher.Org/pubs/fb_induced_abortion.Html

• Since when is killing a baby not bad?

Would you kill a newborn or a one year old? Why would anyone kill and innocent child simply because that baby gets in the way of their plans or they don't want a kid now. What sick phycopathic person would kill their own child? A human life is not some choice.

• If I told you government policy has killed 50 million Americans in the last 40 years you would think that is terrible.

Arguements against abortion are flawed, a "fetus" fits all 7 caregories of a living thing so the arguing that it isn't living is false. Second the mass media has used the fetus to try and make it right to murder millions of Americans. Being pro-choice is very hipecritical because did the fetus choose to be aborted.For the people that are pro-choice but wouldn't get an abortion themselves think about it, yes the government shouldn't get involved in the personal lives of citizens but when those decisions negatively effect the lives of someone else the government must make laws to protect those effected (babies).

• Desensitizing and dehumanizing.

If we accept that an infant is a person, it seems very difficult to claim that an 8 month old fetus is not a person. If we accept that late term, and even mid-term fetuses are persons, then killing them is clearly bad. Abortion might still be permitted for the sake of preserving the rights of the mother, but the fact remains that abortion is bad. If we do not accept that fetuses are persons, there is still good reason to think that abortion is bad, and even oppose it. Most people would have a problem with a legal system in which it were completely legal to use brain dead bodies (vegetables) for target practice, or other sadistic amusement. Brain dead bodies are not persons, but mutilating them would appear so gruesomely and horrifically similar to mutilating persons, that many very reasonable persons could very understandably not wish their children exposed to such violence, (Given the opposition to violence in video games this is not hard to imagine) and could very reasonably wish to prohibit mutilating vegetables in their community.

Similarly, late term abortion, whether or not the fetus is a person, is a gruesome procedure, it desensitizes people to violence (there is some evidence that the increase in abortions is correlated with an increase in child abuse). Also, the availability of legal abortion makes many people much less cautious about their sexual activities because they do not have to take pregnancies very seriously. Abortion is used as birth control on a massive scale. After Roe v. Wade, conceptions in the United States rose 30% while births fell by 6% (Steven Levitt, Freakonomics). Also, in many states, minors can get abortions without parental consent. The fact that a woman can get an abortion at 16 but cannot have a beer until she is 21 points to the absurdity of U.S. law. We allow parents to restrict their children's access to R rated movies. Certainly, allowing parents to restrict their children's access to abortions is a much less radical position.

• Just think about it

I know this is extremely frowned upon but just think. Raped? Okay yes that was extremely horrible I am so very sorry for you and how your child was conceived, but to rid his life and potential for your mental health is kinda... Selfish. Your life and babies life at risk then yes by all means think about it and don't feel discouraged by it and feel bad. Liberals talk about how all life is sacred except for unborn babies with heart beats.

• Abortion is murder

We have no right to kill our children who have been born- even if that means we have to be inconvenienced. It is the same for unborn babies. If someone doesn't know that they are being murdered, and cannot protest, it doesn't mean that it is ok! Babies are human too, and it is bad to kill a human, so therefore abortion is bad.

• Let's be honest - It is not YOUR body that is the concern.

If you want to jump off a bridge, to a degree, I suppose you have the right to injure yourself or to take your own life. You do not, however, have the right to jump off a bridge while in the possession of a child that is in your custody. You might say that you have the right to do what you wish with your own body, but that simply isn't the topic that divides any of us. The question is whether or not a fetus is indeed a human life. It is not your body! It is another body that is simply under your care. "Abortion" is a euphemism for killing, and is important as discussion on women's rights is, it is a red herring - we are talking about the life of a child.

• Abortion is nothing more than infanticide renamed

To those who support abortion: Is there a difference between intentionally killing a man who is 21 and one who is 83? After all, why shouldn't it be legal to murder the very elderly? They're a drain on society, what with government having to expend countless dollars on their pension and Social Security, and their children, grandchildren, and others can't just spend the time to take care of them, they aren't ready yet and maybe they don't want to take care of them, so why don't we just solve the problem and be done with them?

The answer? Because it's murder. Murder is murder. It doesn't matter how old you are. It doesn't matter of someones intentions, if they ended a life intentionally, then it is murder. And like I said, Abortion is nothing more than infanticide renamed. These unborn babies are killed for what? Their mother isn't ready for a child (and subsequently isn't ready to take responsibility for her own actions) or maybe they don't want to take care of a child (which would be the equivalent of a mother killing her 3-year old because she doesn't want to take care of him anymore).

The point is that murder is murder, regardless of age, regardless of your motivations for doing so, murder is murder.

• Yes, I do.

Abortion is murder. Plain and simple. You don't need religion or God to tell you that. After 8 weeks, the heart is beating and brain is functioning. People like to say that it is the woman's body, so the woman should be able to choose. What about the baby? Do they not get a choice concerning their own life. I took surgical tech school a couple years ago and we were taught that we were dealing with TWO patients when operating on a pregnant woman. I find it absolutely outrageous that people consider a fetus a blob of tissue, but when one cell is found on Mars, people scream, "There is LIFE on other planets!!" It is a total double standard. I also find it ignorant that people on the left will use science when it comes to global warming and greenhouse gases, but when it comes to abortion and when a life SCIENTIFICALLY starts, they ignore all studies.

• Abortion is a GREAT thing and people dont even realize it! I hate when people bring religion in this argument -.-

ABORTION IS ONE OF THE MOST AMAZING THINGS OUT THERE!!! There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. A woman has her body and with that body comes rights! A lot of people call pro-choicers "baby killers" or "Satan worshippers". However that is not the case with us. It is our bodies and if we don’t want to carry a fetus then we don’t have to. Abortion gives women hope in life and there is many reasons why I say that.. Which you will find out if you keep reading this. IF YOU ARE PRO-LIFE, then don’t get abortions....Simple as that. If you are a boy then you have nothing to worry about. So many people say "Put it up for adoption". That is the woman's choice. Personally if I was pregnant and didn’t want to have a baby I would choose abortion over adoption. One reason is because of over population. There are way too many humans in this world and its still expanding as we speak! The more humans there are, the less resources we have. Also, there is a high number of unemployed. I would not want my kid in that situation. My second reason is because when if I was ever to have kids then I will have them when I am ready. I will NOT give mine up for adoption, knowing they are alive and I am not there to take care of them. So If I was ever to have kids then I would be their provider..Not put them in adoption, wondering when they will be adopted or not. My kid would wonder why I out it up for adoption, if I am thinking about them, if i loved them, etc. ANOTHER thing people say is "What about the 'baby's choice?"..What about it? It has no say.. The reason why it has no say is because the mother has the say. When you were born and a little kid, who had the final say?..Your Mother/Father. Who took you to school and put on your clothes and said whether you could hang out with your friends or not?..Your parents did that. You were not the one making choices until you grew much older near the age of 18. So again...The fetus does not have a say. The fetus does not comprehend what is happening, it is still is the females womb. I highly doubt you would go to a pregnant lady's stomach and say "would you like to be aborted?" It barely knows anything; its eyes are still closed. One thing that is messed up is that people THINK the fetus is not part of the mothers body... Are you crazy?! It doesn’t matter whether it has different DNA!!! It wouldn’t even live if it didn’t have the mother’s body caring for it! The fetus is connected to the mother’s body, it takes care of it until it is out of the womb and the umbilical cord is cut.

• No one has the right to another's body.

While I would agree that killing is not ideal, as a society we have decided that killing is justified in certain situations. When a person's well-being is threatened, such as by a mugger or a rapist, society accepts killing the attacker to protect personal healthy and well-being (being pregnant is dangerous and does cause injury and even death). As a society we also do not place the expectation that people should keep others alive by loaning out or donating organs. Even if I stab my neighbor requiring her to need a kidney transplant and a blood transfusion, no one expects me to give my personal kidney or blood to saver her life. Forcing a woman to maintain a pregnancy not only places a burden on her we place on no one else in society, but I do think that forced pregnancy is really what is bad here. Forcing someone to use their body to maintain another's life against their will cannot be considered anything but cruel.

• If you throw morality aside...

Abortion is a hot topic for a number of reasons. However, if morality is not a question, then it should be clear that abortion is completely justifiable. If a parent cannot afford to have a child then they have every right to remove the offspring from the body. While this may sound like murder, it technically doesn't matter if there are no strings attached. If the baby was born into a life where it will eventually wish it had been aborted, then is the abortion justifiable?

Theoretically you are killing the child. I consider life to begin as soon as a complex organism begins to develop. However, is killing not considered a norm in society? We "kill" others all the time whether it be for defense, for a flag, for pleasure, for revenge, or even as punishment. Did those others that have died have a choice when it came to life or death? No, they didn't. Because when morality doesn't come into question a person sometimes doesn't even blink when killing another. Why does it matter if the victim is an unborn child? If morality is not introduced, then what's the difference between the child or the adult? There is none, both should be treated the same; the only real difference is the memories and the experiences. Technically it should be more logical to abort a child since it has no memories or experiences yet, especially if those soon-to-be memories will immediately become bad ones upon birth because of a refused abortion.

Of course, all of this is considered "inhumane", which is why people take morality into account. All things considering, a parent should have the choice whether or not they wish to abort their child. If the child will make everyone's lives miserable, then it is only logical that the abortion needs to happen. But the parents need to understand the consequences of their actions. The immediate realization that they just killed something. In reality, there are no consequences besides the fee. Nothing is going to change because you aborted a fetus, while everything will change if you didn't. No one is going to wave goodbye to the child as it had no friends, no life, no experiences; the only life that will be crushed is the child's, which it never had in the first place.

• Too many humans on the planet already.

I see no problem with abortion as long as it is a choice and not forced upoun the mother. Humans are a destructive species that literally only have negative effects on the planet, Earth has plenty as it is. That being said I am very much against woman who use abortion as a reason to have consequence free sex. If a woman is raped and becomes pregnant because of it, she should be able to have an abortion without being ostrasized by society. Also the benefits of stem cell research outweigh the benefits of more over population. If we want less abortion we need better education and guidance for young people, not stricter laws.

• Think about the mother

The mother is just as important as the UNBORN baby. If it's going to cause health problems, leading to the mothers death, or if the mother was raped, then it's perfectly okay. I don't understand all these people saying those aren't acceptable reasons, would you rather have the mother still live, or have both the mother AND baby die?

• Too many humans.

I could echo all the arguments made in favour of pro-choice (In which I agree, yes, the mother ((as with all people)) should have the right to do whatever she wishes with her body) but I shall instead argue that the human race is, by all definitions, an infestation. There are far too many of us. And to those who cry, "It's murder!" (which can be argued thoroughly): Well, we, the human race, commit all sorts of "murder" all the time, like many other animals. It's primitive, but utterly true.

Posted by: Rada

Heterodox says2014-06-22T23:45:18.060
I did not vote because while I may think about it one way that doesn't make what I think true for everyone else.
CueQuianna says2014-06-22T23:50:36.817
Still i would love to hear your opinion. I won't be offended at all i like conversations Heterodox
Heterodox says2014-06-23T00:04:34.587
Do I think abortion is bad? No
Do I think abortion is good? No

Would I ever consider abortion? Yes
Would I consider abortion frequently? No
CueQuianna says2014-06-23T00:07:28.113
I see we have the same views sort of.
Heterodox says2014-06-23T00:27:46.407
Morality is subjective.
I don't believe anything is good or bad.
CueQuianna says2014-06-23T00:28:56.200
Really. Can you explain why?
Heterodox says2014-06-23T01:12:25.613
Explain why Morality is subjective?
Some people think abortion is bad.
Some people think abortion is good.
Some people think abortion just is.

I think a better question is whether you believe an embryo or fetus is a life.
Then, if you do think it is, you can ask whether life has value and what that that value is.
If you do not think it is a life, then the discussion moves to what constitutes a life.

If you asked me if I thought an embryo or fetus is a life I would say, "I don't know".
If you asked me if I thought life had value my reply would be, "only what we give it".

Considering I give effort, even if only marginal, to remain alive I must give my life value to some degree. Because I give my life value, I assume other people feel the same way about their own.

I further consider that if life is given value then until I know an embryo or fetus is not a life I should not be making too many decisions about it. If it is a life then I would have to consider what value it has.
Heterodox says2014-06-23T01:37:48.913
Oh and the only life that I know of that comes from people would have the same value that I give to my own and other people's.
PlumberGirl123 says2014-06-23T13:07:56.187
ABORTION IS ONE OF THE MOST AMAZING THINGS OUT THERE!!! There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. A woman has her body and with that body comes rights! A lot of people call pro-choicers "baby killers" or "Satan worshippers". However that is not the case with us. It is our bodies and if we don’t want to carry a fetus then we don’t have to. Abortion gives women hope in life and there is many reasons why I say that.. Which you will find out if you keep reading this. IF YOU ARE PRO-LIFE, then don’t get abortions....Simple as that. If you are a boy then you have nothing to worry about. So many people say "Put it up for adoption". That is the woman's choice. Personally if I was pregnant and didn’t want to have a baby I would choose abortion over adoption. One reason is because of over population. There are way too many humans in this world and its still expanding as we speak! The more humans there are, the less resources we have. Also, there is a high number of unemployed. I would not want my kid in that situation. My second reason is because when if I was ever to have kids then I will have them when I am ready. I will NOT give mine up for adoption, knowing they are alive and I am not there to take care of them. So If I was ever to have kids then I would be their provider..Not put them in adoption, wondering when they will be adopted or not. My kid would wonder why I out it up for adoption, if I am thinking about them, if i loved them, etc. ANOTHER thing people say is "What about the 'baby's choice?"..What about it? It has no say.. The reason why it has no say is because the mother has the say. When you were born and a little kid, who had the final say?..Your Mother/Father. Who took you to school and put on your clothes and said whether you could hang out with your friends or not?..Your parents did that. You were not the one making choices until you grew much older near the age of 18. So again...The fetus does not have a say. The fetus does not comprehend what is happening, it is still is the females womb. I highly doubt you would go to a pregnant lady's stomach and say "would you like to be aborted?" It barely knows anything; its eyes are still closed. One thing that is messed up is that people THINK the fetus is not part of the mothers body... Are you crazy?! It doesn’t matter whether it has different DNA!!! It wouldn’t even live if it didn’t have the mother’s body caring for it! The fetus is connected to the mother’s body, it takes care of it until it is out of the womb and the umbilical cord is cut. Another thing that i hear often is "if you don’t want a baby, then stop doing it". Let’s go straight to reality here and say no one would stop doing it! Yes you use condoms and birth control but ABORTION HAS THE SAME FINAL/END RESULT/GOAL AS CONDOMS AND BIRTH CONTROL. THAT IS TO NOT HAVE A BABY! Yes birth control and condoms help prevent you from getting pregnant but it also have the end result goal which is not to have a baby. I am so happy abortion has been legal for 40 years... It shouldve been more but hey 40 years isnt too bad right? Approximately 55 million fetuses have been aborted since abortion became legal. Some people do not understand that it is better to have abortion be legal so pregnant women can abort their babies safely. I would rather have hundreds of abortion clinics rather than hundreds of women dieing from using the coat hanger method also known as the back alley method. So many women were dieing because they did not want a baby. Why force someone to give birth to a baby they don’t want?! Don’t force someone against their will to take care of a kid. There are so many reasons to have an abortion. Yes rape and incest is a very good reason.. But there are other reasons like over population, poverty, illnesses, unwanted, inconvenience and much more. It could ruin a marriage, relationship, and life. However, how, why, and when we got pregnant is not important! IT IS OUR RIGHT TO DO WHAT WE WANT WITH OUR BODIES!!!! Do not try to take that freedom away. If men could get pregnant there would be abortion clinics around every corner and they would be more popular then Wal-Mart. Yes people see a cute little baby face but abortion is a woman’s choice and she is aware of the results and effects so stop trying to make it seem like we are doing/supporting something 'shameful'. A woman should not be ashamed for having sex and getting pregnant whether it was unplanned or not.
PlumberGirl123 says2014-06-23T13:11:07.040
O Gov. Already is way too controlling/involved.
O Women would’ve rather died trying to have an abortion rather then go through with the pregnancy.
O Us women will find a way to abort a fetus whether its legal or not. Therefore, its safer/healthier to keep it legal.
O A lot of kids who have been adopted get mistreated, abused, molested, raped, depressed, etc. (state story examples)
o Abortions give more jobs. (Abortionists, people making appointments, running supplies, etc.)

pregnacy should never be forced! People that think adoption is better dont realize that giving birth isnt just "giving birth".. You have to pay big bucks to give birth and NOT TO MENTION the saggy stomach and flappy vagina you will get. And you think thats worth giving birth to a baby you dont even want and that you could have an adoption for. All im trying to prove is that abortion is the way to go and definitely not adoption :&
Heterodox says2014-06-23T14:20:22.440
For some people, the value I place on their life goes down.
Preston says2014-07-01T13:32:31.993
I'm going to refrain from voting, I find it morally unjust in almost every circumstance although in some its just, referring to rape/incest, however looking at the FBI's Numbers for false reports of rape around 7000 babies would lose their lives based off lies their mothers gave.