Do you select summer activities that will look good on your college application?

• I did yes

Yes, before I was actually in college, which I am now, I tried to do things that would be really good for my college career, and maybe that is how I got into college to begin with, besides the fact that i had really good grades and a solid GPA.

• Select Summer Activities

I personally think that Students preparing to apply to college are increasingly tailoring their summer plans with the goal of creating a standout personal statement — 250 words or more — for the Common Application in which to describe “a significant experience, achievement, risk you have taken or ethical dilemma you have faced and its impact on you.” Specialized, exotic and sometimes costly activities, they hope, will polish a skill, cultivate an interest and put them in the spotlight in a crowded field of straight-A students with strong test scores, community service hours and plenty of extracurricular activities.

• Summer activities are important

It is a smart thing to do to pick summer activities that are not only fun to do but also look good on a college application. That is what I did and it is quite easy to select activities that satisfy both those qualifications. Many students take this approach in today's society.

• It's all about the college app.

Yes, I select summer activities that will look good on my college application, because summer is about activities that will help you get ahead for college admissions. College applications determine the entire future. Cultural or service activities in the summer can make an admissions file that much more attractive to the admissions committee.

• I Did Not

When I was in high school I did not select summer acitivities that would look good on a college application. If you really want to go to college, but you need money while you're going, the best thing to do is work through high school and the first two years of college, while going to a community college. Don't waste your money, these credits transfer easily.