Do you support lawmakers who cut off unemployment pay for GI bill users?

• I do not support lawmakers who cut off unemployment pay for GI Bill users.

Anyone who thinks our service members are getting rich from drawing unemployment and using their GI Bill housing allowance is ill informed. The housing allowance barely covers the cost of rent/mortgage in most states. Our service members must then find employment (immediately after separating from service) to meet the shortfall. Drawing unemployment benefits for the short period of time allowed gives them time to properly transition into that next phase of life. They are certainly not living the high life. Most are barely making it! Let's give our service members a fighting chance. After all, they fought for our freedom. Now it's our turn to fight for them.

• I'm not sure

I don't know if I support lawmakers who cut off unemployment pay for GI bill users, because I don't know if I know the facts behind the GI bill. Does the GI bill offer enough compensation for veterans to live on? I'd want to know more about the bill itself and what it provides first.

• Veterans Need Help

The GI Bill is for veterans and helps those who are having trouble readjusting to civilian life. Cutting unemployment pay is detrimental to those who are still acclimating to their environments. There is not enough time given to help these veterans with any physical or mental issues they may be having as a result of war.

• Veterans need support

I believe GI bill users deserve, and need, financial support. Lawmakers who would cut off these benefits are not acknowledging the difficulty some of these people may experience in re-entering the job market. Cutting benefits may exacerbate this difficulty for those who have served our country. GI bill users have served our country and deserve the full support of our lawmakers.

Those individuals who are qualified for GI Bill use are veterans that have, at one point in their lives, fought for our country in one form or another. No lawmaker has a right to cut the unemployment benefits of any veteran that has fought for their freedom. As a country, we need to support our veterans on a much more significant scale than we do now.