• What comes around goes around

An eye for an eye. You take someone's life , I take yours. If you are against the death penalty, think of this question, "What if someone has done harm to your family?" I'm pretty sure your opinion would change. Everyone has a revengeful side. It is better to let court handle it rather than to let the victims carry out the sentence.

• I love the death penalty

I do not think we should reward murderers by keeping them alive in air conditioned prisons where they are fed everyday. If they are worthless to society they should get out. I think that the death penalty should only be given out to those who are definitely guilty and do agree that it has been given out to people that may not have been proven 100% guilty and that is wrong as mistakes can be made. But if someone is beyond a doubt guilty they should be given the death sentence instead of life in prison. I do not want my taxes going to keeping a murderer alive. I would rather have my tax money go to killing those murderers. And it shouldn't take 20 years either. We need to get rid of lethal injection, unless they killed their victims in a humane way (LOL), and bring back shootings or hangings, they are quicker, and cheaper. I understand that we want our criminals to be as comfortable as possible during their punishment but... WTF why do we want them to even be comfortable. I have gone a long time without killing anyone and it hasn't been very hard! If they take away someone else's right to life, then they are themselves giving up their right to life.

• You should't kill anybody

I support the death penalty, family and friends don't deserve to lose a family member because someone killed them for no reason. If they take a persons life, they should have one. Yes they will suffer in prison but they might kill another human being in the cells. We need to stop them before they kill more.

• Genesis 9:6: "Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man."

The death penalty was first instituted by God Himself. Man didn't invent the death penalty, so man has no right to abandon it. We live in an age when everyone is far too concerned with "human rights", and God has been practically ignored, as if He had no rights at all. God has given man the MORAL DUTY to execute those who choose to take the lives of others. Exodus 21:12 says, "He that smiteth a man, so that he die, shall be surely put to death." Do you wish to honor God? Then you must support the death penalty, because God commands it.

• Capital Punishment is okay.

If a man has taken the life of another man then he deserves death. Some people just do not deserve to live after they have done dangerous and crazy things. The golden rule is that you should treat others as you would what to be treated. Thus meaning if you murder someone you deserve death as well.

• Dzhokhar- Cure him, Question him, Kill him

If there was any doubt that we need the death penalty before the Boston Marathon, the should be little doubt now. Dzhokhar should be treated so he can questioned, he then should then receive a fair trail, and if found guilty, he should be swiftly, (and preferably painfully) executed. I take no pleasure in seeing a 19 year old executed, but there is no doubt that justice demands it. Luckily the Federal Government has a death penalty, because the liberals in Massachuseets do not.

• If you kill you should feel their pain and the pain of those suffered because of you.

• The Death Penalty Is Good for the Environment
    • Respecting the value of human life
    • Public safety
    • DNA testing and other methods of modern crime scene science can now effectively eliminate almost all uncertainty as to a person's guilt or innocence.
    • Prisoner parole or escapes can give criminals another chance to kill.
    • It contributes to the problem of overpopulation in the prison system.
    • It gives prosecutors another bargaining chip in the plea bargain process, which is essential in cutting costs in an overcrowded court system.
    • The death penalty gives closure to the victim's families who have suffered so much.
    • It creates another form of crime deterrent.
    • Justice is better served.
    • More Humane than other Forms of Punishment
    • Removal of a Threat to Society
    • Retribution
    • Prevents recidivism

• I'm for the death penalty, only for economic reasons.

If we put everyone on life in prison (no parole), they would be full and overcrowded. They already are. Some prisoners may prefer the death penalty to living in a overcrowded hell hole. We would be overwhelmed by the taxes as citizens. If a prisoner had a chose life or death then maybe.

• Capital punishment for child & elder murderers.

I support capital punishment for those who willfully murder children and the elderly. There's just no place on Earth for monsters like that as long as they're guilty, and I'm sure a majority of Americans would agree! Children and the elderly are defenseless against murder therefore the penalty needs to fit the crime, and states that don't have it should reinstate it for these murders, and states that are considering abolition should retain it for these murders!

• An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth is the right way.

A rapist raped and beat 3 women, and was set to serve up to 25 years in prison, but due to "good behavior" he gets out in 6 and a half years. Then within 5 months he strikes again, twice, and now he set to serve another 35 years, he needed the death penalty.

• Forgive and forget

Everyone deserves a second chance. As long as they are willing to change, they should be allowed a second chance. It is only fair and killing them wont change anything. It is just one more life taken away. Isn't that just redoing what the murderer did? "A life for a life". So those who hung the convict should die too. Think about it.

• No, because It's just not right.

The Bible tells us not to murder. In a way, by agreeing with the death penalty we are murdering. Wouldn't you feel the slightest bit of guilt for knowing that you killed someone? It's OK to want someone to die because of their wrong doings, but how would you feel after you know that you are the murderer, in the end?

• Many, many reasons.

1) It costs more to kill them than to keep them alive.

2) Dying is too easy, I would rather die than be kept in prison for the rest of my life.

3) We run the risk of killing innocent people.

4) It is ineffectual as a crime deterrent.

5) It sends the message that killing is great as long as the government does it.

• You have to give people a chance to change.

I don't support the death penalty because it is not nearly humane at all. A big thing here is that two wrongs do not make a right, which is absolutely correct. People change, they make better decisions and they change their frames of mind all the time. In many cases, the penalized human is innocent. Why would you want to take the risk of killing an innocent person because you think that they are guilty? You must give people a chance to change who they are before you make an immediate assumption.

• Prosecutors and judges may be racially biased.

There are many cases where African Americans, Hispanics, Asians, etc, are convicted of crimes they did not commit and then prosecuted. Because of their skin color, people will believe they have committed a crime. Statistics show that black defendants were 1.7 times more likely to receive the death penalty than white defendants, and that murderers of white victims were 4.3 times more likely to receive the death penalty than those who killed blacks .

• God created life, and only God can take it away.

I despise any country with the death penalty because it is a blatant disregard for life. Anyone would see that it would mean a lot of questions will be asked if they put an innocent to death. It's happened before in history, and it will happen again in the present.

• Death penalty, no thanks.

1) It does not act as a deterrent; in the USA in 2011 the rate of murders in states with the death penalty was 4.7% per 100,000 people. In non-death penalty states, it was 3.1%. So it clearly doesn't stop people from committing murder.

2) It cannot be reversed. When someone is found to be innocent after a conviction they can be released, pardoned, given financial aid and live the rest of their lives comfortably. If they have been executed, a pardon is of no use to them at all. You can never be sure that someone is 100% guilty. So, there is always the risk of killing an innocent man.

3) It is actually more expensive than a life sentence after the cost of appeals; California has spent an additional $184 million on the death penalty per year because of the additional costs of capital trials, enhanced security on death row, and legal representation, since 2011.

4) It does not help the victims of the crime or their families in any way. It is revenge, cold and calculated.

5) If you happen to be a Christian and you are pro-death penalty, read your bible. Thou shalt not kill.

6) If you still really support the death penalty, then you must accept that if your son or daughter murders they will be executed, and this is something that you agree with wholeheartedly.

• If the government decides for someone to die they should die to, because they are killing too.

In my eyes those who make that decision have to die as well, they are killing so why shouldn't they die if they give the order to die, they are killers too. When they reach that decision they become killers. Kill them to. Most of the time innocent get killed and their families scared.

• Life is a human right.

Life is a human right and I do not believe we have the right to take it away. I understand the argument for it but I personally do feel it violates the constitutional rights of being an American citizen. If someone sentenced to life in prison would ask for euthanasia then that is one thing, but killing someone, even a criminal, just seems out of the government's control in my opinion.

• Nobody should kill anybody

"Why do we kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?" Just read over that. It should make sense.
    Putting them to death to prove that we are against killing doesn't exactly make any sense. It contradicts our country's belief system. It's inhumane, to put it simply.

Anonymous says2013-03-22T16:54:49.490
i desagree with death penalty
Anonymous says2013-03-22T16:56:54.973
i desagree with death penalty because its bad and only god can decide when you die

Anonymous says2013-04-16T14:35:15.307
God doesn't exist, we exist and we decide.
Anonymous says2013-04-20T01:31:07.383
I don't want Dzhokar Tsarnaev to die. We don't even know if he did anything. I don't know why but I have a feeling in my gut that he SHOULD NOT be sentenced to death no matter what.
Anonymous says2013-04-22T16:18:55.870
I completely agree with the death penalty. Fair justice needs to be served if it is first degree murder. For Christians out there including myself, there are plenty of verses where God says that if one kills a man, he should be killed. Read Exodus 21:12 for example. Obvious right there. We dont want brutal deaths to be comitted again; throwing a person in jail wont stop the criminal from killing again.
Anonymous says2013-04-22T17:31:25.320
How would you feel if your killer was still out there
Anonymous says2013-05-08T02:58:41.897
There's no god who can decide to put people to death. This god (The Creator of Our Universe) left us alone and mind on its own business by speaking binary. In fact, we decide to put hominids to death. Executions have to be done right in a cost-efficient way and applied them to who commit a multi-killing. Three or more counts of first-degree murder is considered a multi-kill. I can't allow that in our society. We know Dzhokhar really committed the heinous bombing with his older brother.

Look at the clues from the photographs and the bag he used from the CCTV footage moments before the explosions. That white-beige bag proves he did it. Dzhokhar's older brother made him involved, so he shall be executed by a firing squad. Lethal Injection will make me go to the drug war to prevent this whitebread poison while an electric chair is 10k volts to the body by wasting amounts of electricity. A firing squad is better for this 19 year old Maalik.

You don't like it? I don't care. Humanity is for the weak anyways. We will be better as cyborgs to grant us immortality and never age at all.
Anonymous says2013-05-08T10:22:37.147
I wouldn't feel anything cause id be dead......LOL
Anonymous says2013-05-14T23:35:17.607
God is real and is in control of EVERYTHING, just in his own ways, but we still have free will, if
you were in the lethal injection room about to be killed, I believe God has all the power in the world to keep you alive.
Anonymous says2013-05-27T23:03:51.027
The creator of our universe is real, yes, but it did not control us humans. It left us alone the whole time. My god is different than your god. We can either live or die. If we kill innocent lives, we die afterwards. We do not kill firsthand, we shall fight for our own battles and that's what we should do. I do not want to harm an innocent, but humans are getting to annoy me even though I am one. Humanity always fails. We can still fix all things from our mistakes and we shall continue from here on end.
Anonymous says2013-05-30T20:28:24.790
There needs to be a referendum on it.
Anonymous says2013-06-24T22:01:24.363
Bring back hanging for all the monsters in this country,
Anonymous says2013-06-27T03:56:56.973
Anonymous says2013-06-29T12:22:23.117
If death penalty is abolished in the US, then it will not work and here's why: CULTURE. So far, there are only 21 out of 196 countries that allow death penalties. Japan, Belarus and the UAE have included the method according to the Amnesty International. Spending money on executions doesn't seem fair to us. Why do people get paid for putting a bullet to the convict's head or giving some drug out of the syringe after a trial? This is lame when we're doing this for "economic reasons". I am a redeemer to stop terrorism of all kinds, not an executioner to earn cash. I don't need money to terminate a criminal in this planet for a capital punishment. I rather do it for free.
Anonymous says2013-09-14T13:29:38.283
I agree with death penalty on special cases.