Do you support the idea of the Buy Nothing Day campaign?

• It's more than just a day

Think of Earth Day. It is just one day, but it reminds us to be conscious of our environment every day. The same concept is true with Buy Nothing Day. The thinking of "Oh it's just one day it won't change anything." is true, but the symbolism affects everyday life. The point of buy nothing day is to replace the horrible effects of Black Friday, such as violence, increased debt, and destroying our environment to create trash that you don't even need. Buy Nothing Day is a reminder for Americans and people around the world to spend less money and think about the effects that our purchases have on ourselves and the world, and that consciousness is needed in a time where the only thing you see on TV or in the mail is "SALE SALE SALE"

• It's more than just a day

• It is a great idea.

Imagine all the poor people that is force to work in sweatshops. That takes only 1 dollar. There are some people that can't buy anything. So try for only one day to get to their view. Is it so difficult? Am i asking a lot? So buying nothing day is a great idea. Is to support the very poor people. Try it isn't very hard. How many times do you change mobile phone to take the new model, even if the previous one is still working. Try to deacrease your buying items and buy only the things that you really need. So lets support buying nothing day!!!!!!!

• A new moon is rising.

Buy Nothing Day is a day when every people who participate in this event don’t buy anything for one day. It was made to protest against Black Friday which takes place the same day (following Thanksgiving) and when people can buy very cheap items. Do I support Buy Nothing Day? Actually, I am kind of neutral. I am not for this event because I don’t participate in it but I think it is something good to encourage the people to save our planet. I think it is useless not to consume just for one day but if it can motivate the people to create another events to prevent our planet from pollution and over-consumption, I believe it is a good thing. Finally, even if I think this is useless because of the existence of Black Friday, I am not against because once again, it is the beginning of a new age.

• A new moon is rising.

• A new moon is rising.

• Id like to see a blue sky

Really, this nation has had overconsumerism and terrible purchasing since forever. All the things we buy to entertain ourselves actually affect the world we live in. The purpose of this holiday to to simply raise awareness about overconsuming, not just consuming, as they are both different in meaning. I support the idea, and itd be hella if it could happen. Yall just hating, thinkin bout those iphones and gucci's.

• Repair, re-use, recycle, reduce

I think we really need to question the way we live and buy. We buy stuff we don't need only to throw it away the next day. I think BND is an opportunity to start thinking in a more sustainable way about our everyday life and habits. I think we need to share, swap and think more. BND is not about helping the economy, it is about changing it for the good.

• Ergfgdgdgdfghdhgh ththgfgfhhgfhfg gfgdgtgd

Rtrred v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v blah v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v

• Small buisnesses need this support

For this holiday to set place would mean businesses that don't make much personal profit to live off of would be massively effected. They would halve less to support their needs. It could put some out of business meaning unemployment which is harmful for the economy. Maybe not terribly but they need money more than some need a clear consciense

• Nuh uh uh

This aint good i dont like it noooo no no pls no more i cant take it i love to shop i live for black friday i need it ok lets all shop in harmony and buy to our hearts desire!! I wnt to buy okay lets all shop okay bye

• I dont think so

Harambe wouldn't like it Harambe wouldn't like it Harambe wouldn't like it Harambe wouldn't like it Harambe wouldn't like it Harambe wouldn't like it Harambe wouldn't like it Harambe wouldn't like it Harambe wouldn't like it Harambe wouldn't like it Harambe wouldn't like it Harambe wouldn't like it Harambe wouldn't like it Harambe wouldn't like it

• I dont think so

• NO VAle Madres

This thing is one of the stupidest i have ever heard and is some mayor bullshit ifhb fgha oidhsfbdfjnv oadsjifnv ;sadf gvadsfjnv lsdjfigjns gshndgai sjkgn a;sndfgjk aspiuoghsdmfn g padfg ihg iahrfg iehg iehg ih fgihsdighpwaeihfgakjhnfd sigegei gjherg hoierhgr girhrj girhej g[ierajge oarg regj reg er gjiejg ore jg gijer lakjsdfg

• One day won't solve anything!

Sure, it's a great idea in it's purest form, but one day won't magically fix all the other 364 days. And it's not like many people will actually participate in Buy Nothing Day either. The amount of people who attend Black Friday sales is too much for one day to fix, and normally, employee salaries and company profit depend on this day economically. Instead we should gradually phase out excessive consumerism. Things take time.

• One day won't solve anything!

• My Awesome Opinion

I think it is super stupid because my friend said so. I don't support Buy Nothing Day because it is stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid. So there.

• Buy Nothing Day will not solve America's problem

Consumerism is too deeply ingrained in American society and culture to be eradicated in one day of abstinence. Everyone has simply become accustomed to this and it is one of those things that cannot be fixed overnight. This can be compared to someone on a diet. If they try to starve themselves, eventually they will either give in or die. On the other hand, if they gently ease off the junk food, their diet will be much more successful.