Do you support the idea of the Buy Nothing Day campaign?

• It is a great idea.

Imagine all the poor people that is force to work in sweatshops. That takes only 1 dollar. There are some people that can't buy anything. So try for only one day to get to their view. Is it so difficult? Am i asking a lot? So buying nothing day is a great idea. Is to support the very poor people. Try it isn't very hard. How many times do you change mobile phone to take the new model, even if the previous one is still working. Try to deacrease your buying items and buy only the things that you really need. So lets support buying nothing day!!!!!!!

• A new moon is rising.

Buy Nothing Day is a day when every people who participate in this event don’t buy anything for one day. It was made to protest against Black Friday which takes place the same day (following Thanksgiving) and when people can buy very cheap items. Do I support Buy Nothing Day? Actually, I am kind of neutral. I am not for this event because I don’t participate in it but I think it is something good to encourage the people to save our planet. I think it is useless not to consume just for one day but if it can motivate the people to create another events to prevent our planet from pollution and over-consumption, I believe it is a good thing. Finally, even if I think this is useless because of the existence of Black Friday, I am not against because once again, it is the beginning of a new age.

• A new moon is rising.

• A new moon is rising.

• Id like to see a blue sky

Really, this nation has had overconsumerism and terrible purchasing since forever. All the things we buy to entertain ourselves actually affect the world we live in. The purpose of this holiday to to simply raise awareness about overconsuming, not just consuming, as they are both different in meaning. I support the idea, and itd be hella if it could happen. Yall just hating, thinkin bout those iphones and gucci's.

• Repair, re-use, recycle, reduce

I think we really need to question the way we live and buy. We buy stuff we don't need only to throw it away the next day. I think BND is an opportunity to start thinking in a more sustainable way about our everyday life and habits. I think we need to share, swap and think more. BND is not about helping the economy, it is about changing it for the good.

• Ergfgdgdgdfghdhgh ththgfgfhhgfhfg gfgdgtgd

Rtrred v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v blah v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v

• It can encourage independent and small bussinesses

This groups who participate in supporting this still support small community shops. When you put $1 into a independent business about 50% goes into the community. When you give a dollar to a large scaled business like Walmart about 5% goes into the community. Small businesses can celebrate the Buy Nothing Day by having a little taste party for food shops or discount day.

• It really can't be that harmful.

Let's take a moment to think about this. How many people are really going to follow this day? Not many, at least in the US. One day of a few thousand people not buying things will not crush our economy nor will it destroy the lives of employees. You can bet that most of the people who follow are those who normally don't participate in Black Friday either. So for the people who care, it's a nice reminder to spend less money and be less materialistic, and for the people who don't care, congrats! You don't have to follow this any more than you have to follow National Bagel Day.

• Nuh uh uh

This aint good i dont like it noooo no no pls no more i cant take it i love to shop i live for black friday i need it ok lets all shop in harmony and buy to our hearts desire!! I wnt to buy okay lets all shop okay bye

• I dont think so

Harambe wouldn't like it Harambe wouldn't like it Harambe wouldn't like it Harambe wouldn't like it Harambe wouldn't like it Harambe wouldn't like it Harambe wouldn't like it Harambe wouldn't like it Harambe wouldn't like it Harambe wouldn't like it Harambe wouldn't like it Harambe wouldn't like it Harambe wouldn't like it Harambe wouldn't like it

• I dont think so

• NO VAle Madres

This thing is one of the stupidest i have ever heard and is some mayor bullshit ifhb fgha oidhsfbdfjnv oadsjifnv ;sadf gvadsfjnv lsdjfigjns gshndgai sjkgn a;sndfgjk aspiuoghsdmfn g padfg ihg iahrfg iehg iehg ih fgihsdighpwaeihfgakjhnfd sigegei gjherg hoierhgr girhrj girhej g[ierajge oarg regj reg er gjiejg ore jg gijer lakjsdfg

• One day won't solve anything!

Sure, it's a great idea in it's purest form, but one day won't magically fix all the other 364 days. And it's not like many people will actually participate in Buy Nothing Day either. The amount of people who attend Black Friday sales is too much for one day to fix, and normally, employee salaries and company profit depend on this day economically. Instead we should gradually phase out excessive consumerism. Things take time.

• One day won't solve anything!

• My Awesome Opinion

I think it is super stupid because my friend said so. I don't support Buy Nothing Day because it is stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid. So there.

• Buy Nothing Day will not solve America's problem

Consumerism is too deeply ingrained in American society and culture to be eradicated in one day of abstinence. Everyone has simply become accustomed to this and it is one of those things that cannot be fixed overnight. This can be compared to someone on a diet. If they try to starve themselves, eventually they will either give in or die. On the other hand, if they gently ease off the junk food, their diet will be much more successful.

• No food or medicine to be purchased

With a buy nothing day, does that mean that we are unable to purchase food and medicine. Does that mean that we can not buy any essentials for a whole day? With out food or medicine that would cause a pandemic and a rush upon stores the next day just because of one "holiday"