Do you support (the legalization of) gay marriage?

Asked by: LowestStone
  • Of course. They are people who have different ways of getting it on and how in the world does it effect others?

We are in the 21st century and people still care about how other people have sex. And the opposing arguments are very illogical. There has always been gay and lesbian people since the dawn of time. The world still reproduced. But again it is also illogical to force your own way of having sex onto another. Gay people arnt sick. The people who force their sexual behavior upon someone else are the sick ones.

• Get Over Yourselves

They aren't going to make you watch them get married or have sex so just stay in your little bubble if you're so sensitive that you can't let other people do what they want. Will not letting people get married because of their gender help you sleep better at night? Nope. We're all going to die at some point so get over it and start doing something beneficial in your life.

• Religion shouldn't curtail someone's freedoms

Not everyone is gay so reproduction isn't a huge issue. Marriage is the formalisation of love so wouldn't change anything other than giving the couple similar opportunities to everyone else. Religion shouldn't curtail other people's freedoms and also, it would be the religious leader's job to judge those who had sinned.

• Who are you to tell them no?

I believe as long as someone is doing right by others then it doesn't matter what they do in their sexual lives. Who cares if someone likes other men or women, what does it matter to you? If it's against your beliefs that is fine, but who are you to tell them what they are doing is wrong, even if it is for their benefit?

• I can Support Gay Marriage

For one thing, I do not see very legitimate arguments on the other side. Just saying. Marriage seems to me to be more of a business contract than a religious one, so it should, I guess fall under the Department of Commerce in this country. The Biology/ Reproduction argument is out the window - we will still reproduce, we don't need the "sanctity" of marriage to do so, or at the same time choose not to reproduce. Is it preferred that gay men and women get married to the opposite sex as a mere performance? Or would we rather have people be honest about heir feelings and attraction. To whichever sex. I am a heterosexual, but it seems to me, being honest about one's sexuality is much better than "acting" out of social mores. As such, I believe it is up to the particular couple (or more) to decide how they should proceed and is not a matter of legislation.

• "Love is love"

Many backwards conservatives and bible-lovers tend to hate homosexuality, crying "It's against my religion!" or "It's disgusting and perverted," or even "Then the homosexuals will get extra rights." Same-sex marriage does not impede upon anyone's rights, and should not be struck down because of these conservative religious folk. Heterosexual couples and religious people are not going to be attacked for not being gay, homosexuals will just acquire the basic right to marry who they love.
    Additionally, I would like to say that, for the record, the argument that "homosexuals will get extra privileges!" is quite ironic being that the Christians who spout such boondoggle typically have more advantages in society than others, since this is a Christian-dominated society. Admittedly, however, I don't believe that Christians are given so many rights, but I do believe that the Christian community as a whole does have more influence than other groups and religions.

• @the "of course no" guy

What do you mean the generation will stop!? Here's a word you probably never heard of, "adopt babies." Even thought they're adopted babies doesn't mean they're different, same as the Gay and the whole LGBTQ+. Don't you think that babies can grow up and stay straight? Exactly, that's my point.

• Whether or not you like the 'Queers' we can't discriminate them in life.

Disregard of religious or political belief, to shun homosexuality is wrong. I myself, as a Christian, do think that being gay is not a 'natural' and thing that should be embraced as 'normal', it still doesn't change the fact that there are people who think, feel, and live just as the rest of us.

As long as they don't hurt us, we won't hurt them.

• Not Government Descion

The government should not decide who can marry who (within reason). That should be a personal choice. If two adults want to marry, they should be able too without the government butting in and making the choice for them. Places should as churches should be able to not allow it though.

• Well yeah totally

What reason is there not to, those in the no category don't even mean anything, they just spam words, anyone can do that, for example . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• Of course no

How would they have babies ? The generations will stop forever . NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

• NO no no no no no no

NO no no no no no no NO no no no no no no NO no no no no no no NO no no no no no no NO no no no no no no NO no no no no no no NO no no no no no no NO no no no no no no NO no no no no no no NO no no no no no no NO no no no no no no NO no no no no no no NO no no no no no no NO no no no no no no

• In God We Trust?

This all stems from the disbelief of God. This is why evil can be normalized. So I don't need to have a reason against it. As long as it is against God and his will, it is against me. Call it blind faith or dogmatism or whatever fancy term you would prefer, but it is only the truth

• When does it stop?

When we as a society start to redefine marriage, when do we as a society decide enough is enough. If two consenting males or two consenting females can marry, who are we to say that a consenting mom and son can't get married? Or three consenting adults? Or a consenting adult and his or her dog? Or a consenting adult and a bridge? What is within reason, and every pro-homosexual argument can be extended to each of these groups, it's their decision, who am I to judge, you're just a homophobe, etc. Already we have seen a decline in the sanctity of marriage and love as a whole. Pretty soon marriage won't mean a thing.

• Well yeah totally