Do you think a predisposition for understanding nonverbal communication is beneficial as a professional quality?

• Most communication is nonverbal

Yes, being able to understand nonverbal communication is a great benefit in the professional world. This is due to the fact that 75 percent of our communication is nonverbal. If you are able to read the body language of an individual, you are able counter your actions to get ahead in the business world.

• Yes it is beneficial

If you can read an employees body language you will know how to react to what he is going to say and do and react to certain situations. You could offset a possible argument or fight between two employees if they don't like or get along with each other most of the time.

• It's reading minds.

Yes, I think that a predisposition for understanding nonverbal communication is beneficial as a professional quality, because I think that it is a good thing for someone to be able to tell what someone else is thinking. They can better react to the person's concerns, or to the way that they communicate.

• Yes It Is

I believe a predisposition for understanding nonverbal communication is beneficial in the business world. I believe people, some people anyway, have a hard time picking up nonverbal communication and others seem to be born with those tendencies to understand. I think leaders are more likely to have these qualities and those in business, who are successful, more than likely do as well.