• Ravioli Ravioli Give Me the Formuoli

It is really that simple, if ravioli had baby in it would you eat it? Women are like the noodle pocket and fetuses are like the beautiful filling, so you cant have a ravioli without a filling, I think that babies could also be great workers, so why would you get them aborted?

• Are you a baby killer?

Would you ever murder a human being so why would you murder a tiny one more babies are killed then in the holocaust thats so scary to think about, these children never got to see there family, never got to start a family, never got to see the sunlight,and never got to walk to laugh

• It's pretty simple.

We can all agree that scientific life begins at conception, it's the sentience of the fetus that is not agreed upon.

We can also also agree that when humans sexually reproduce, they do not create dogs, whales, etc. but humans; pretty basic biology.

So the killing of a fetus, a living product of human procreation, is murder. The fetus, much like a tick, takes nutrients from its host but is still a separate entity. (Okay bad analogy.)

It's pretty simple logic. Killing unborn humans out of convenience is wrong.

Posted by: okie
  • If you give a mouse a cookie

"If you give a mouse a cookie, he's going to ask for a glass of milk. When you give him the milk, he'll probably ask you for a straw. When he's finished, he'll ask you for a napkin. Then he'll want to look in a mirror to make sure he doesn't have a milk mustache. When he looks in the mirror, he might notice his hair needs a trim. So he'll probably ask for a pair of nail scissors. When he's finished giving himself a trim, he'll want a broom to sweep it up. He'll start sweeping. He might get carried away and sweep every room in the house. He may even end up washing the floors as well! When he's done, he'll probably want to take a nap. You'll have to fix up a little box for him with a blanket and a pillow. He'll crawl in, make himself comfortable and fluff the pillow a few times. He'll probably ask you to read him a story. So you'll read to him from one of your books, and he'll ask to see the pictures. When he looks at the pictures, he'll get so excited he'll want to draw one of his own. He'll ask for paper and crayons. He'll draw a picture. When the picture is finished, he'll want to sign his name with a pen. Then he'll want to hang his picture on your refrigerator. Which means he'll need Scotch tape. He'll hang up his drawing and stand back to look at it. Looking at the refrigerator will remind him that he's thirsty. So... He'll ask for a glass of milk. And chances are if he asks you for a glass of milk, he's going to want a cookie to go with it." Therefore Abortion is wrong.

• A future like ours

What makes murder inherently wrong is that it deprives an individual of the meaningful future it will have. Quite clearly, if I am in a coma and will awaken from it someday and have a meaningful future, it is wrong to kill me, since you are unjustly snatching away all the future moments which I will enjoy.

So the primary "wrong making property" of murder is that it deprives a being of a FLO (future like ours).

But fetuses are individuals which most certainly do have a FLO. Even if the fetus isn't "conscious" it's still a member of the human species, and has a meaningful future just like ours.

Thus, it is immoral, since it is immoral to unjustly deny a being of its meaningful future.

• Murder is Murder

There are no excuses for killing a live unborn child. Since when was is right to murder. From the time the egg is fertilized there is LIFE. Killing life and depriving an unborn human being from being able to have a future is MURDER and it is cruel. There are NO EXCUSES. Murder is Murder, it doesn't matter what you call it.

• Abortion is murder.

Abortion is the act of killing another human being. It depends not how fully developed that human is, it still has the potential to be something more. You are ending a human life. That is murder. Also, I'd like to point out that all proponents of abortion have been born themselves.

• A cow is not a baby.

I see a bunch of people comparing cows to abortion, first of all a cow is an animal. Last time I checked humans have more value than animals due to our mental capacity and thumbs. Also there is a difference by saying that a baby is just a cell - and just a cell. One: cells reproduce and die every second, they aren't that valuable because we have so many of them. Two: unborn babies are still life, like cells, but this life could lead to another human being, someone who can grow up to have their own opinions and think for themselves. IF a mother cannot keep the baby for health risks then that's acceptable, but if it's just because you didn't use a condom, shouldn't mean that a person who could be president, doctor, or even a more responsible parent than you ever were - won't get the chance to even take it's first breath.

• When can we consider the baby a human?

Should it be considered a human right after it's born? Of course. How about right before it's born? Well, yes, certainly. How about several minutes before the baby is born? It's still human, is it not? The fact of the matter is that, no matter how far back we go in the baby's progress -- even if we went to the point that it was a single cell -- by killing it you are ending the life that could be. No, not could be. Would be.

• It IS murder

Ask any embryologist. The no side in this argument is very quick with the rhetoric, very slow with their facts, and the FACTS are simple; fetuses can feel pain at younger and younger ages according to doctors. At what stage does killing something which can feel pain become fine? Oh and I bet you liberal hypocrites would object to a woman getting an abortion if her baby was retarded or something. You only object to abortion to piss off Republicans, own up to it.

• Not according to legislation or science.

Abortion, by our current legal and medical understandings, isn't wrong, and there's a lot of ignorance floating around on the subject, and a lot of intentional misinformation too. (like this wonderfully biased picture in the opinion head)

Neither science nor religion can come to a consensus on when a fetus becomes a human, but science makes a very good argument that viability, at it's earliest, is 24 weeks.

To suggest that it's still part of the mothers body until 24 weeks but than refuse her right for bodily autonomy is to grant more rights to corpses than we do to women.

I don't want to live in a society that places more rights on my dead body than it would on a healthy breathing woman, and I hope you don't either.

Unless there's compelling evidence to suggest a fetus becomes viable before that timetable, this is my reasoning.

• It's a cell

First of all, it is not a baby yet, it is a cell. It does not feel anything and it will not remember anything. Second of all, it is a personal choice. Some women have no other option, and shouldn't be made to feel guilty for not having a child they are not ready for.

• It's a cell

• No, For Two Reasons

1) A fetus has no more right to use its mother's body than I have to force you to give me a kidney (or blood, or whatever part of your body). You have the right to deny my a kidney transplant, even if that means I will die; a pregnant woman has (and should have) the same right.
    2) We afford special rights to those with sentient minds. This is why we are careful to buy dolphin safe tuna, but have no problem slaughtering a cow to make a steak. Since a human fetus doesn't become sentient until after birth, there is nothing wrong with allowing the mother to have the choice.

• I only agree to limited circumstances

It seems wrong (although I am not religious) to have abortion on-demand. There is something that feels... Upsetting (maybe its just me). However, this is one of the most touchy topics in America and it often sparks the classic left-right debate.

In my opinion I only think its justified if she was raped or faces death if she does not have an abortion.

• Do I think that it is morally wrong? Somewhat. Do I think it should be legalized? Yes.

In my own personal opinion, I wouldn't want my child to be aborted. I wouldn't want to have an abortion. Why? Because I kinda find the idea of killing a creature that will one day grow up to be a human to be kinda wrong. However, I don't think that it should be illegal. While my morals might dictate that abortion is not the right option for me, they should not dictate law. Abortion might be the right option for other people, and if they believe that they need to/want to have an abortion, then who am I to say that they shouldn't? Also, just another thing: While a fetus may grow up to be a regular human being, it is not currently one. The mother and father, on the other hand, are already human beings and should not have their lives ruined. Oftentimes a mother can be raped, leading an an abortion being necessary. Also, safe sex isn't always going to be an option, nor is it always going to be successful. While I would try to stay away from it for myself, it should be a legal option for those that need it. Similarly, I wouldn't want to have a child that was going to be born in pain. What do I mean by pain? A child that will be born with some sort of mental of physical defect that will, in essence, scar them for the entirety of their lives. I would prefer have them aborted than I would force them to live a miserable life.

• No it is not wrong

This is my personal opinion on abortion. A fetus is alive; yes but it is no more alive than the emotionless and numb skulled cows and pigs you eat. Everything is alive so by scientific definition of life, that's not enough. We eat plants and they're scientifically alive. We eat meat and they're scientifically alive. It doesn't matter if it has the 7 signs of life because we need a philosophical definition of what it means to be alive. "Life starts at conception." Life can have the scientific and philosophic definition but only one (scientific) starts at conception while the other (philosophical) is more so after the first trimester when they become more human being then unrecognizable sack of brainless meat. I think for the first trimester it is okay. I think under the second trimester you better have a pretty convincing reason but under the third, you're screwed and i don't think its right. Adoption is not a suitable or better alternative option so if the mother/parents are forced to have the child and they a.) cannot afford the child financially b.) cannot give them the proper love and attention c.) just don't want it a lot of the time they just end up dyfus and back in the system. Besides there's a creature inside a person that's making them sick, making them ill, and taking their nutrients, it is self defense if a woman cannot handle it. If you think abortion in cases of rape and incest is okay but not all cases, i'll call you out on not actually being pro-life but a pro-hypocrite.

• Abortion is not, the people's choices are.

Abortion may sound wrong to some, but what really is wrong is the decisions of the involved pair. If the woman was raped, I don't think she would carry the child of a stranger who sexually violated her. Also that she would, each and every day, see the result of her being raped if the woman chooses to keep it. Rape is wrong, not abortion. Same for incest and pedophilia. People's actions and decisions are wrong, not abortion.

• Its murder, your killing a innocent baby

Abortion is against life. Its killing an innocent life, whether people want to accept that it is a baby already. Its not just a cell its has a life already. It might not remember anything. But it will always hunt you, because that little "cell" you say is a part of you. And its the parents fault for not being careful. Everyone should get a chance to live.

• Abortion is not wrong because it is not human until it has a body of one and breathes

Abortion is not wrong if people are not ready for a kid and we already have to many people on the earth then abortion is the way to go and they might not even want to go through the pain and this is not selfish you are saving the earth by doing this because we are to crowded here and already why not just adopt there are lot's of kids already but your choice and also they might not want a kid and like i said lot's of kids to adopt