Do you think ageism is a philosophy (yes) or discrimination (no)?

• Philosophy it is.

Wikipedia states "Philosophy is the study of general and fundamental problems, such as those connected with reality, existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind, and language." Isn't being prejudice a choice? I feel ageism is revolving into philosophy due to the ageism spread world-wide. "Science" is part of the problem, media, social specifically, lack of respect, greed.....Ageism is everywhere. Ageism is becoming a real way of thinking for most labelers. Where's the respect people?

• It's a discrimination.

Ageism works from old to young and young to old, and is often used to disqualify people from things or to dismiss them. This is one of the most ridiculous things I can think of, considering I have learned much from people much older and much younger than I am.

• Ageism is discrimination by definition

Ageism is just as dangerous a prejudice as racism and sexism, and should be recognized as such. Also, this question makes no sense; why can't things be stated in such a way that you can either agree or disagree? That's the whole point of a debate. You make a declarative statement. It's not about asking either or questions.

• Not A Philosophy

I do not believe ageism is a philosophy. Ageism is defined as stereotyping and discriminating against individuals or groups on the basis of their age. Clearly it's a form of discrimination and the definition is very clear about that. There's no way to twist it into something associate with philosophy.

• Ageism is descrimination.

Ageism is showing prejudice or discriminating against an older person or senior because of their age. Many people have a perception that the elder are unable to drive, work quickly, or not sharp-minded. Sometimes such perceptions often result in older workers not getting jobs or being taken advantaged of in business situations.

• Ageism is discrimination.

Ageism is discrimination. Ageism means stereotyping and discriminating against individuals or groups on the basis of their age. It has been in practice for many years and either discriminates against the older generation and elderly. It can also be used to discriminate against young people saying they are either not mature enough or too young to know better.