Do you think Al Franken is the next Ronald Reagan, only for Democrats?

• Al Franken is not the Democrats' Ronald Reagan

While I do personally enjoy Al Franken, I do not feel that he is presidential material of any sort. His points of view are too far to the left for him to be any kind of viable candidate for public office outside of Minnesota. He also does not have the charisma that Reagan had either.

• He is not smart.

No, Al Franken is not the next Ronald Reagan, only for Democrats, because Ronald Reagan was good looking and Al Franken is not. Franken is also not as smart as Reagan was. Reagan rose quickly through the ranks, while Franken is not yet really notable for anything. Party leaders do not see him as the future. Franken will never become President.

• He's better than Reagan, so he'll never be Reagan.

Nope. While I admire Al Franken and the way he has with words, especially when he uses them to snark at Republicans acting stupid, he's no Reagan. Ronald Reagan (and his speechwriters) were masters of telling people what they wanted to hear. Franken tells people what they should hear, and no one likes an honest politician.

• Not at all

The only real similarities between Al Franken and Ronald Reagan is that they were actors who were then turned into political players. However even though I like Al Franken, I do not think that the has the political influence of the backing to become a President like Ronald Reagan did.

• Al Franken is not the next Ronald Reagan, only for Democrats.

Al Franken is not the next Ronald Reagan, only for Democrats. Ronald Regan was a great man and he will always be missed. I do not think that anyone will ever be able to replace him as a President. He did more than what he thought was right for the country at the time.