Do you think america have the highest rate of teen suicide ?

Asked by: stephannoi
  • I guest yes

America have the highest rate of teen suicide because due to bullying.In America there are 4,400 teen suicide per year and most of the percentage comes from being bullied.Especially social media bullying increase suicide rate every year doubled.Before we don't expect to see so high suicide rate but since bec

• I'm gonna guess no

I guess we've supposed to guess- so I'm gonna say that Japan or India has a higher suicide rate. In fact, I'll settle this and google something and be "right back".
    Just for speed, here's a map from WHO. The United States is obviously on the higher end of the spectrum, but not the highest. India, Russian, Japan, and several sub-saharan and eastern european countries have much higher suicide rates.

• It's much higher in Russia

According to the statistics, it's much higher in Russia. The are several reasons for it. Firstly, the level of violence (and its acceptance) is much higher in Russia. It's not just verbal assault. I'm taking about real physical pain many kids go through in their school. Secondly, teen alcohol consumption in Russia is much higher. Moreover, its very hard to get legal protection in Russia in case of a domestic abuse.

• At a rate, if what some one on the positive side says is true, the country I'm in has a higher suicide rate.

New Zealand is noted for an unusually high suicide rate. 4400 suicides per year for america's population (318.9 million, according to Google) is flat out destroyed by New Zealand's 500 teen suicides per year out of 4 million, so far as rate goes. Thus, america certainly has not got the highest suicide rate, as it's suicide rate is significantly lower than New Zealand's, and doubtless several other nations as well.

Stefy says2015-06-14T00:49:15.943
This isnt an opinion its literally a statistical fact.
MasturDbtor says2015-06-16T03:30:14.710
@ Stefy

Exactly. I'll post when I've looked it up.