Do you think American financial markets should be deregulated?

• We'd make more.

Yes, I think the American financial markets should be deregulated, because we would be able to make a lot more money that way. The financial regulators and traders could do a lot better job if they did not have to navigate a lot of regulations. They could do a better job managing the markets.

• I don't think that the financial markets should be deregulated

The American financial markets should not be deregulated. The financial sector left to its own devices has been one of the most destructive forces in recent memory. If the financial markets are deregulated we can expect the same kinds of abuse that we witnessed during the 2008 financial crisis. I honestly believe that the financial sector could do with some more regulation.

• American financial markets should not be deregulated.

There is no great benefit to deregulating finance markets in the United States. The economy suffered enough from major banks backing faulty mortgage loans. While it can sound appealing, the modern market, if deregulated, wouldn't produce the "Atlas Shrugged" type of fantasy. Rather, history can show us how unregulated, major institutions of finance can easily turn exploitative and become unhealthy for the overall stability of the economy.

• No They Shouldn't

I do not believe American financial markets should be deregulated. If we further deregulated these markets the income gap would simply increase and we would see more and more Americans fall into poverty as corporations and banks further sucked the life out of the economy. Deregulation caused the housing market crisis.