Do you think American laborers should follow the European model of vacations?

• All work and no play

This country seriously has a labor problem compared to what it used to be. There was a time in this country when only one person in a family could support the whole family off of one job. They used to have it where you only had to 40 hours a week. Now you have to work 60 to 80 just to get by. It is driving this country insane. It is a wonder why kids are so disrespectful these days. No one is ever home to raise them properly.

• America Laborers Vacations

I personally think that Workers give a variety of reasons for not taking vacation time, ranging from "I can't afford it" to "I have too much work." But it's worth pointing out that U.S. employers are stingy when it comes to vacation time, at least compared to European countries. How much vacation time do you think employers should give? Why do you think so many workers don't take vacation? Take a look at the infographic below from Rasmussen College, and share your thoughts in the comments section below.

• No, American laborers should not follow the European model for vacations.

I think that the current format in which vacations are given to American workers are approprate. Just because Europeans are willing to give employees more time for holidays, doesn't mean it would work here in America in terms or productivity and time. I look at Asian countries like Japan who give employees even less time for vacations but continue to be successful.

• No They Shouldn't

I do not believe American laborers should follow the European model of vacations. Employers commonly allow employees to take a week off, but generally this isn't for the majority of employers, as most employers don't offer anything. I believe employers in America need to focus on paying a living wage as most people here can't afford to take a vacation.

• Far too much vacation

Its hard to talk about Europe as a whole, considering that the laws vary between countries, but, ultimately, the American model is far more productive. People assume that more vacation will make people more productive on their on time - untrue, since people just get used to the amount of free time they have.