Do you think American politicians make decisions mostly to favor their political party, even if those decisions are detrimental to the society?

• Sometimes they do

I know it is cynical, but I think a large majority of politicians are primarily concerned with getting re elected for the next term. They vote on legislation not because they think it is right or wrong, but because it will help them. A good example is when the NRA scores the vote. It changes how people will vote.

• Yes, now especially.

And when I say now, I am mostly talking about the Republican party which has gotten so out of control, and so far to the Bible thumping right, that it has spiraled out of control. The Democrats aren't the best party in the world, but at least many of their policies help America.

• Politicians make decisions along party lines and to appease Corporate backers who are in their pockets

Politicians are puppets. Plain and simple. But not puppets for the people. Politicians split everything along party lines and make huge decisions that impact our society greatly partially based off of petty rivalries against opposite party members that they very likely came up through the college ranks with! There is not enough of the pie to go around for the common man but politicians take just enough for themselves not to make their Corporate Sponsors angry!

• No it depends

Here in the United States of America I would hope that at least some politicians are still honest and would not completely act this way. People should put their country like the United States of America first before they put their party. If people do not it is wrong to do.