Do you think Andrea Dworkin's link of pornography to rape is an accurate one?

• They are both distortion.

Yes, I think that Andrea Dworkin's link of pornography and rape is an accurate one, because she makes a valid point that both pornography and rape are a perversion of what sex ought to be. Pornography is similar in that the person participating usually does not want to participate, other than that they feel they are stuck in a bad spot in their lives.

• Skewed Bias Viewpoint

I do not believe Andrea Dworkin's link of pornography to rape is an accurate one. I believe people who are apt to rape are that way regardless of pornography. Secondly, people in pornography are usually there out of choice and are also receiving monetary compensation for their work. It's not forced upon them.

• Pornography is not rape.

Andrea Dworkin seems misguided by relating pornography to rape. There are correlations, but in the end, the talent in pornography is still voluntary. It can also be said that pornography is a legal form of prostitution. If that is true, then it is the highly regulated prostitution with much better pay, hours, and scenarios than actual prostitution. If pornography were equitable to rape, then what level is prostitution at? Rape is an extreme. Drug induced coercion I would accept in some cases, but even those are highly frowned upon by true professionals.

• Pornography does not lead to rape

I do not agree with Andrea Dworkin that pornography leads to the rape of women. Pornography is simply an expression, a celebration if you will of human sexuality in its various forms. Guns don't kill people - people do. Likewise, rapists are what cause rape, not pornography in and of itself.

• Far too overdrawn

Porn today is more accessible and, arguably, more violent and aggressive than ever, yet there have not been a corresponding increase in rapes. Rape is a horrible crime,nobody is denying that. The important point to make is that people look for media reasons for problems that are really societal in their origins.