• Not saying yes and not saying no

Like some people I think it depends on the animal and how it acts and how tall/big it is. And I have 2 lizards that are lie 10 - 13 in long and their cages are like 15 in tall and 25 in wide but most of the time animals should be free and living in the wild or ecosystem.

• Dogs shouldn't be kept in cages

When I come home to let my dog out of its cage, i have to change her blanket because she uses the bathroom on it. Now, if animals weren't kept in cages that wouldn't happen. You keep them out of their cage and put Potty Pads around the house or a gate blocking off a certain room. Also when they are in a cage their energy bubbles up and when they get out of the cage that could cause sleep problems. It is now common that pet owners keep their animals in cages for over 18 hours a day. I hope this changed the way you think of crates.

• Yes but it

Depends on the cage and its size, if the cage has plants and other lions in it, (as shown in the picture) , then yes, they should because they can be fed much easier.

But if the cage is tiny and rusted (like in the picture) then it is an easy no for me.

• Their pain feeds me.

I find your project amusing and unnecessary. Lo should the animals be kept in their cages and their anger increase. For when I come to walk the world again, they shall be my new servants. Your bodies shall lie in countless numbers on the ground as my warriors trample you into the mud.

• Borderline Yes; Depends Upon the Animal

Animals like dogs, cats, and other animals of similar size and intelligence should not be kept in cages after trained, due to the need to exercise and explore. Small birds, rodents, and animals like rabbits should be kept caged due to their tendency to escape, but should be taken out regularly for exercise and human reaction. Potentially dangerous animals kept domestically such as lions, bears, elephants, and the like should be kept in large cages or enclosures.

• If your doing something outside and a dog comes and bits you.

What if the dog has rabes and you could die or get very sick. Or if it has a desise then what i don't know you'll get very sick! What if it ripped of your leg or arm or something important then what? What if it has fleas or ticks then next thing you know you have fleas or ticks.

• It entirely depends on the animal

In 90% of cases, I say that animals should never be kept in cages. With the exceptions of pet birds (which I still say should be kept outside in an avary, but sometimes that's just not possible), I think all animals should be allowed to roam free, either inside your home as a pet, in an enclosure (NOT a cage) in a zoo, or on a farm. Sometimes it's necessary to keep animals in cages (birds, mice, hamsters) but they should always be let out occasionally.

• Definitely Not so

Imagine being taken from your home and stuffed into a wired cage. Carried on long car trips and then forced to live behind bars. While people pay to stare and awe at you while you sit there scared and distressed. Would you like it? Hmm, That's what I thought. So don't do that to yours

• No way! Never!

V v v v v v v v v v vv v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v vv v v v v vv v

• Should animals be kept in cages

Questionable ethics of keeping pets for ones own amusement or keeping an animal in a cage for anything other than it's own benefit. I would need to talk for some time on this subject to fully clarify my position but that would take some time so this is very basically my view. I am not wholly against pets but I strongly question the morality behind keeping any animal as a pet if it must be kept in a cage, how is it at all justifiable to take away a creatures freedom on that level purely for ones own amusement? For instance, if you must keep a rabbit or some kind of rodent then it should have at least a few square metres to explore at all times and should be allowed to roam around the entire garden under supervision on a regular basis. All creatures (humans included) like to explore and to take that away from them is surely bad for their mental health. If you are looking after a pet properly then I believe that animal should want to be with you, not be forced. I feel that the only way to justify the existence of a zoo is if the zoo puts effort into supporting wildlife habitats and helping endangered species etc. However, keeping birds in cages has to be one of the greatest crimes against the animal kingdom ever committed. Throughout human history of philosophy, art and culture we have held birds up as the ultimate expression of true freedom, being able to take off at will and soar and glide through the sky. Immitation being the sincerest form of flattery we emulated them and now our ability to saw through the air in fantastic flying machines provides us with great freedom and yet we somehow deem it acceptable to put them in cages??

• Animals should not be kept in cages

• Dogs shouldn't be kept in cages

• We do not rule the world

In my personal opinion, in this world, everyone gets their share. However, we took everything from whatever we can to create a world of our own which does not allow our beloved plants & animals to live in peace. Sure, i agree that we can take in animals & care for them as pets, but i genuinely do not think they have to be put in cages, they have their own rights to roam their own surroundings. Just like how a person does not have the rights to control someone else's movements. Would you like to be restricted to a certain limit? I believe not. We humans have taken this limit too far, plus, animals do not have the same way of communicating like us, therefore they are unable to express what they would like to say. I hope this can be any help out there :)

• No animal should be kept in a cage

Animals should not be kept in cages because that is the point of America it is is a country with freedom humans have freedom why can't animals have freedom.I also have a reason animal should not be kept in cages is they would lose all there natural instincts like how to hunt for food and how to eat on there own. I have a question how would you like to be kept in a small cage? I think people should start to think like how would a animal should feel! And that is why I think animals should not be kept in a cage the need to be free.

• No animal should be kept in a cage

• Questionable ethics of keeping pets for ones own amusement or keeping an animal in a cage for anything other than it's own benefit.

I would need to talk for some time on this subject to fully clarify my position but that would take some time so this is very basically my view. I am not wholly against pets but I strongly question the morality behind keeping any animal as a pet if it must be kept in a cage, how is it at all justifiable to take away a creatures freedom on that level purely for ones own amusement? For instance, if you must keep a rabbit or some kind of rodent then it should have at least a few square metres to explore at all times and should be allowed to roam around the entire garden under supervision on a regular basis. All creatures (humans included) like to explore and to take that away from them is surely bad for their mental health. If you are looking after a pet properly then I believe that animal should want to be with you, not be forced. I feel that the only way to justify the existence of a zoo is if the zoo puts effort into supporting wildlife habitats and helping endangered species etc. However, keeping birds in cages has to be one of the greatest crimes against the animal kingdom ever committed. Throughout human history of philosophy, art and culture we have held birds up as the ultimate expression of true freedom, being able to take off at will and soar and glide through the sky. Immitation being the sincerest form of flattery we emulated them and now our ability to saw through the air in fantastic flying machines provides us with great freedom and yet we somehow deem it acceptable to put them in cages??

nitecreper99 says2014-02-26T02:23:23.173
I'm not saying animals should be caged all the time but if they are really mean keep them on a leash or something so they don't hurt anyone
SweetTea says2014-02-26T10:32:46.023
Nitecreper99 ... I appreciate your honesty about the upcoming debate at school. A Speech and/or Public Speaking teacher (or professor) isn't going to consider the "opinions" of others as a factual basis for your argument. You need something more concrete than personal opinions, i.e. medical studies, average life spans compared between caged animals & those who roam freely, etc. You can find a lot of research online (also avoid using Wiki because most academics don't consider it to be a reliable source) or at your Public Library.