Do you think banking in Switzerland should be more (yes) or less (no) regulated?

• Yes, there is too much leeway.

So many wealthy people from the United States and from all over the world are hiding their assets in Swiss bank accounts that obviously something is wrong. It is not just hiding from taxation but also from the claims of spouses and children. So some more regulation is definitely in order.

• They are fine the way they are.

I think that banking in Switzerland is as regulated as it needs to be. I'm glad that the Swiss have, for the most part, resisted international pressure to conform to arbitrary "banking standards". Such standards are nothing more than the typical American meddling in the affairs of other nations, and should be ignored.

• Banking in Switzerland should be less regulated.

Banking in Switzerland should be less regulated. There is no reason to regulate them anymore because they are not the way that they used to be. There are huge benefits to having a Swiss bank account like anonymously, and less taxes on them. I think they are no longer for just the rich and famous.

• It attracts customers.

I think that banking in Switzerland should be less regulated, because it is a way that helps them stay competitive. A lot of people put high deposits in Swiss banks for the reason that they are unregulated. This appeals to a lot of people, even with the many risks that are involved. Switzerland should not change what works.

• They Sent Out A Warning Over A Year Ago

I do not believe banking in Switzerland should be more regulated. Swiss banks, having their arms twisted, agreed to many concessions that were being sought by other countries in regards to their banking practices. Swiss bank accounts are no longer the hidden savings that people use, they no longer hold information like they use to, therefore there is no reason to regulate them further.