Do you think Catholics should revert to a Latin liturgy?

• Latin liturgy should replace English

I believe Catholics should revert to having Latin liturgy during mass, but I don't think they will. Having a Latin liturgy would pay homage to the origins of the age-old Catholic Church. People would also revere it as more special and sacred than modern English. In addition, people would be more likely to learn Latin, which is a basis for European languages and medical terms, and would be more intelligent as a result.

• It is tradition

Doing Catholic mass in Latin is an ancient tradition that has persisted for hundreds of years, and there is a lot of history associated with it. Many other religions - notably Judaism and Hinduism - have kept traditions in their own languages and cultures together for even longer while retaining people.

• I cried today while viewing mass on t V. It had Latin responses.

I want to be part of the mass. Reverting back to Latin alienates myself and others who do not know how to speak the language. I enjoy being a part of the mass. I enjoy understanding everything that is happening during the mass. Where are we going with this? Will this change make it easier for our children to learn and appreciate the Mass?

• No. the mass is more powerful when it is understood

A liturgy in the local language lets people understand the ritual they are witnessing.
    When believers are led to understand their faith, it makes a stronger impression on
    them, and has a deeper impact on their spirits. The Latin mass is beautiful and
    moving, but it is not immediately comprehensible. It sets religion apart from the
    congregation, and separates what people do on Sunday mornings from what they do
    with their lives.

• Latin Liturgy May Not Speak to All

In an effort to streamline liturgy across all Catholic Churches, all chapters have reverted back to Latin liturgy. This is a fail by the Catholic Church, because lots of people don't understand Latin. This takes away the meaning and feeling of mass. Without this, many churchgoers will be unmoved by mass and may lose their connection to religion.

• Liturgy Needs Local Languages

The Catholic liturgy needs to be spoken or sung in native languages around the world in order for native people to be able to understand what is being said. Although the quasi-original Latin is the language of the high church, many people don't understand what is being said unless they have the entire service memorized.