Do you think civil disobedience is justified in a democratic society?

• Yes It Is

Civil disobedience is the act of refusing to follow certain laws or refusing to pay taxes in protest. I believe civil disobedience can be justified in a democratic society. The United States is a prime example of a broken democratic government. Our government is not the perfect model the representatives make it out to be. Civil disobedience, when done for the right reasons, can be justified.

• Yes, of course.

I do think that civil disobedience is justified in some democratic societies. Sometimes the person democratically elected will start to destroy everything they touch, and there is no way to get them out of office. In cases like this, I do think that civil unrest is justified and needed, often.

• No not really.

I do not think that civil disobedience is justified in a democratic society. I think any type of disobedience, especially when it comes to the law and rules of a country are not okay. It causes problems and can lead to other and more people trying to get away with illegal things.

• In a democratic society, civil disobedience in not justifiable.

No, civil disobedience is not justified in democratic societies because at least in theory, in a democratic society, people should have the ability to affect change by other, more peaceful means. In democratic societies, people should be able to protest peacefully in the open, start petitions and collect signatures, or elect a different people to office that better reflects to values.