• It's all about misconceptions.

Ethical issues of human cloning have become an important issue in recent years. Many ethical arguments against human cloning are based on misconceptions.
    Lawrence Nelson, associate professor of philosophy at UCS, said that embryos can be used for research if:
    1 - The purpose of research can not be achieved by other methods.
    2 - The embryos have reached more than 14-18 days of development.
    3 - When done in a way respectful of the loss of a human entity with moral value.
    The ethical problem is not in the action, is in the way you make it.

• It's ethical except when incentive gets in the way.

It is ethical. It's unethical when the law is swayed by financial interests, or if the practice is corrupted by corporatism.

For example, research into genetically modified food is corrupted by corporate interests. Sure they get a profit, but there's no ethical value in boosting yields and making extra food if that extra food is cancerous.

Similarly, if cloning gets mixed up in profit it could turn ugly fast.
    I wish I could say that the law would prevent that - but too often financial interests in high places can skewer and twist laws and regulations to suit them.

• It's completely ethical.

Of course cloning is ethical, I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. People have watched far too many science fiction movies where clones are essentially harvested for organs. For some reason, there's an assumption that a clone would not have the same rights as a naturally conceived human. That's not how the law works, anti-science freaks.

• For food it is.

I do think cloning is ethical when it comes to food. And understand, I'm not just talking about the cloning of mammals. I'm talking about the cloning of fruits and vegetables also. This would be a great way to combat world hunger. To ask if that is unethical, to me, is a little silly.

• Only the rich can afford it.

Cloning is an expensive procedure. In the future, clones might be used as a back-up plan for the rich. They provide the organs the patient might need in order to ensure he/she lives longer and does not have to wait for a suitable organ donor, for which they have to wait for up to or more than 3 years. The problem is that the poor cannot access such technology as they are unable to afford it. As such, the rich benefit the most, which is not what should be allowed in society as there will be lesser social mobility and the income disparity will grow wider. Hence, cloning is unethical from a practical point of view.

• It is playing God.

No, I do not think that cloning is ethical, because it is playing God. It is deciding to create another person that is exactly the same. That is different than a twin. The person who is cloned will be subject to monitoring and invasive studying for their entire life, whether they want it or not.

• No, It's Not

I do not believe cloning is ethical. I personally do not think we need to make carbon copies of ourselves. I think this would give people too much of an advantage in the world and it also introduces another uneccessary mouth to feed. I do not think we should use cloning on humans.

• B,lajh blah blah

Jiodcjdiuchufvugbvhghb ihbijfrngbtjngrtiutrnhbigrunbtnbngbmtrngnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnjkguyfyrxrezrwf f ff f f f ft tytt y r rtedded tr e6 r te d edrt d trd t fg ytre wyy etr er tre r yrer ert drt tr e r rye e r ree yt eeye er e ree e try ry ryt r try tty

• B,lajh blah blah

• Not in it's current form

The main problem with clones is the length of the telomeres. The clone would have a shortened life span simply by virtue of being a clone. All other issues aside, this is a big one.

From there you have an issue with identity. If it is a copy of someone already living what impact would this have on them?

On the other hand, cloning could be as simple as artificially turning a single embryo into twins. Would that be ethical? I don't know.