Do you think coalition governments are good for the economy (yes) or do they cause more gridlock (no)?

• Yes, Good Functioning Government

To me it doesn't matter what kind of government you have, as long as
    it's a well functioning government. The economy is benefited when the
    government operates for the people and when it operates in a manner that
    the majority agree with. Governments cause gridlock when they work
    against the peoples will and this can cause an economy to fall. These
    process are generally cyclical.

• Coalitions help the economy.

Coalition governments help the economy because they allow for many discussions and ideas to figure out what is going to be the best ideas for the economy. In non coalition governments mistakes can crush the economy almost entirely because the entire government and economy has been based on a single idea.

• Good Functioning Government

I honestly don't believe coalition governments change the economy inherently. To me it doesn't matter what kind of government you have, as long as it's a well functioning government. The economy is benefited when the government operates for the people and when it operates in a manner that the majority agree with. Governments cause gridlock when they work against the peoples will and this can cause an economy to fall. These process are generally cyclical.

• They cause gridlock.

I'm an American, so the concept of coalitions in government do not really apply here. But, from the outside looking in, it seems to bring things to a standstill and causes people to work with each other to acheive policies that do not gain the ultimate benefit. This is why I love Republics.

• This causes gridlock

Coalition governments tend to cause more gridlock than efficiency. That is just the nature of governments and nothing can really be done to change it. If governments want to streamline things, then they need to slim down and let private business take on some of their duties. This would help out greatly.