Do you think count clerks should be allowed to bring their religious beliefs into a government office?

• Of course not.

When doing a government job, one must abide by the law. Plain and simple. Kim Davis, however, is a hypocrite. She refused to put her name on same-sex marriage licenses, as they were against her religious beliefs. However, she has been married three or four times, and had two children out of wedlock. Anymore, Christians are self-righteous, loving to hold other people accountable for their sins, yet they don't take accountability into their own life. A sin is a sin. If someone is going to refuse to uphold the law because of their belief, then they need to make sure that they are living their life 'To the T.'

• Separation of Church & State

When I was working as a cashier, I did a lot of things I didn't agree with. You give up those personal
    opinions when you take a company job. I sold lighters, energy drinks to children, pregnancy tests, and other things. I couldn't force my opinion over the consumers and county clerks are in the same position. If they are unable to do any job that conflicts with their beliefs, they should work for the church.

• Who would think it's OK?

It should be obvious this is a bad idea. It's been taught to every child for years now that church and state are separate. Why would there be an exception for the courts? Just look at what happened recently. It was crazy drama and it shouldn't have been allowed at all.

• If you find yourself unable to attend to your duties, stay home

Religious beliefs are, and should be, a protected right. However, the duties of any given job, especially those of government office, are exceptionally black and white. As a consideration, whether or not a law enforcement officer agrees with the legalization of marijuana or with gun control regulations, their duty is to enforce the laws that exist, not create their own. County clerks have a duty to perform the duties prescribed by their office, their beliefs notwithstanding.

• I don't think so

I think there is a separation of church and state for a reason. I don't think someone in a clerks office should be able to bring their religious beliefs into a government office. I think they should be allowed to believe what they want, but need to recognize that they work for the government.