• Probably

I don't really have any evidence to believe that demons are real, but I've read several convincing testimonies of people that lead me to believe that the existence of demons is not impossible. Sure, all those people could have been lying, but knowing them I doubt that was the case. They also could have been drawing demons out of natural events, but that's not what it sounded like to me.

• FlakyHerb64 is right.

The secular science that tells so much about the physical world can overstep its bounds when it tries to explain non-physical phenomena. To assume that because physical observations can't explain the non-physical means that it isn't real is absurd, its like saying that because using a ruler to measure the average water pressure of a faucet doesn't work, that the faucet does not exist. Get real.

• Yes, they are real

Demons have been shown in every religion ever known, they are spirits of evil. But heres the science behind it. During the 1940's and 1950's a German scientist found through experimenting with different materials there are 2 types of energy in the universe. (Positive Orgon Energy, and Deadly Orgon Energy) It is also known as Chi, Electron Ions, etc. It is the energy in the universe. It manifests You, Me, your cat, dog, car, computer, EVERYTHING! and with that it can be manifested by spirits. Spirits with negative Deadly Orgon Energy (DOR for short) output can attract more. And since you have it flowing in and around you it can harness it and manifest you and anything. The subject is way to long to talk about. Long story short is yes there are negative spirits in our 3D plain. They normally remain in higher frequencies like the 4th dimension and up.

• I think demons are real, because there's more to this world than meets the eye.

Western secular science is a spectacular discipline that provides many answers about the universe and how it works. But, it doesn't answer everything and all questions. I do believe that we have souls that last after our bodies die, and the consistency of near-death experience accounts lends credibility to the idea that something other than us exists. Many humans are capable of being malevolent people. So, it only stands to reason that any non-physical entities out there are also capable of evil intentions themselves.

Posted by: FlakyHerb64
  • Pictures and videos showing abnormal orbs and figures that cannot be explained scientifically are usually thought as the appearance of themons.

Pictures and videos showing abnormal orbs and figures that cannot be explained scientifically are usually thought as the appearance of themons. The orbs and figures were usually not present when people take the picture or videos though they can be visible to human through modern digital technologies. In some pictures, people can see vague, or sometimes, vivid objects that were not noticed, perceived, or seen during the period of taking the picture. The themons can be in many different forms. Faces in the window glass, figures in the background, shades behind the person, etc. Are all forms that believe to be the presence of themons. There was a picture that shows an ordinary computer room, and nothing was noticed out the picture until they developed a film out of it. A floating head was clearly showed on the computer screen when the screen was actually turned off. The photographer believed the floating head was her passed away husband, but obviously appeared to be younger then the time he left. Videos, like pictures, also can show the present of themons. Just like pictures, some spiritual videos have shadowy figures and strange movements that were not suppose to occur in that situation.

• There's is no hard evidence to back up such nonsense

Stupid people are quick to generalise for example someone hears a noise in there house which they can't explain or they see something out the corner of their eye and it's a ghost and yet ni evidence has been laid on the table... People are apparently possessed may just have some of messed up mental illness that at that point in time is unexplainable I'd say most people are aware that it is probably a mentor illness from drugs or God knows what and they don't want to except it to they come up with these stupid unbacked up Fallacies

• Numbers are not everything. All because a lot of people believe it, does not make it true.

There is no science that supports the existence of demons. I have read several articles about sighting or belief in demons and the like. However, none of these provide solid evidence. The only thing that supports their claim is that they believe that it happened.
    That is not evidence though. If everything that people imagine that they saw were real, then the world would be a very different place.
    I am not completely closed to the concept that they exist though. If there is definitive evidence that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that demons exist. Then I would reconsider my stance on it. Be that as it may, there is no proof so I am sticking with what I believe.

• Demon in the Greek is "to distribute fortunes"

By definition demon is not entity.. With some study you'll find that demon is self. Jesus cast out "self". In the letters to the church you'll find the understanding of " death to self" and picking up our proverbial cross and "dying daily". The scriptures talk much of the inner and outer man, the inner being Christ in us that grows, as the outer dies.. 1st century beliefs were very superstitious, and if you pay attention to all demonic references in scripture, demon possession was associated with lunatic, insanity, or not in ones right mind. The man who said he had legion in him, did Jesus rebuke thousands of entities? He rebuked HIM masculine singular, the man himSELF. Jesus was dealing with massive superstition.. That obviously still goes on today...

• I have no good/reasonable grounds to believe such a thing. It seems to me unlikely and improbable that they exist.

If, at some point in time, reliable (verifiable) evidence rolls in to support the claim that demons do exist, then I will reconsider my stance. For the time being, I am glad to accept the findings of the scientific community. I am not saying science is everything, but, just because a large number of people believe in something does not make it true. If it was just a numbers game, then Santa would be real.

These are two outstanding works, which have contributed to the forming of my current opinions: Carl Sagan's 'The Demon-Haunted World' and also, Michael Shermer's 'Why People Believe Weird Things'.

This checklist is also very useful:

The Baloney Detection Kit: A 10-Point Checklist for Science Literacy

How reliable is the source of the claim?
    Does the source make similar claims?
    Have the claims been verified by somebody else?
    Does this fit with the way the world works?
    Has anyone tried to disprove the claim?
    Where does the preponderance of evidence point?
    Is the claimant playing by the rules of science?
    Is the claimant providing positive evidence?
    Does the new theory account for as many phenomena as the old theory?
    Are personal beliefs driving the claim?