Do you think doctors should participate in medical torture to ensure their patients remain alive?

• If the client wants it.

Yes, I think that doctors should participate in medical torture to keep their patients alive, if that is what the patients wants them to do. Each patient should have a treatment plan that depends on their individuals goals. If the goal is to live as long as possible, medical torture might be appropriate.

• Doctors Should Not Participate

I personally think that Doctors do not engage in medical torture to save patients. Medical torture is not appropriate no matter the circumstance. If the questioner is asking about animal experimentation, then the answer is to move the system away from such things and move society towards a more healthy, pro-active, and preventative medicinal approach, while using technology to stand in for animals whenever possible. If they are asking about torturing prisoners to extract "life saving" information, the answer without a doubt is no.

• Do no harm

Doctors are supposed to take an oath that ensure that they do no harm, and the idea of medical torture to continue the life that a patient may or may not want to live goes against this oath entirely. There should be no reason for doctors to participate in acts of torture.

• No, I do not.

I am not as anti torture as many people are, especially when it comes to militants or terrorists who plan on murdering thousands or millions of people, but this idea is even too draconian and brutal for me to endorse. There is something that is way too inhumane about it.

• No: Doctors Should Not Engage in Medical Torture, No Matter What

The question itself is bizarre. Doctors do not engage in medical torture to save patients. Medical torture is not appropriate no matter the circumstance. If the questioner is asking about animal experimentation, then the answer is to move the system away from such things and move society towards a more healthy, pro-active, and preventative medicinal approach, while using technology to stand in for animals whenever possible. If they are asking about torturing prisoners to extract "life saving" information, the answer without a doubt is no.